Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

This is the guy to buy your Scent Lok from.......

Old 07-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default This is the guy to buy your Scent Lok from.......

Well about 3 weeks ago, I picked up a Scent Lok Savannah coverall from Dicks Sporting Goods on clearance. When I got home to try it all on, I discovered I bought the wrong size due to my growing beer gut............[:@]

I went on ebay and was planning on selling it and then buying a suit off there, hoping to break even or not pay too much more than I already had. I saw that there was a specific store on there selling the size suit I wanted so I sent him an email wondering if he would trade me a better size that fit me for one of his size larges that he had in stock. I also told him I would pay return shipping on the suit, as well as buy one of the Savannah headcovers if he did this. They guy jumped at the chance, and went way out of his way to accomodate me and shipped it VERY fast as well to boot. I gotta say, he has smoking prices and great service. I hope he can generate some sales from this post, as the guy certainly deserves it.

With all that said, if you guys plan to buy any Scent Lok gear for this season, give this guy a shot at your business as I am sure he will give you a great price and will take care of you.

Thanks Joe!!

http://stores.ebay.com/JABSUPPLY_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZk m
Old 07-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: This is the guy to buy your Scent Lok from.......

Good service is indeed priceless .
Old 07-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely keep him in mind when I consider picking up a suit in the next month.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely keep him in mind when I consider picking up a suit in the next month.
Before you spend your money consider this link: http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/other/shivik_carbon_clothing.pdf
I think it speaks for itself .
Old 07-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Before you spend your money consider this link: http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/other/shivik_carbon_clothing.pdf

I didn't read the whole article (computor issues) but there are factors that he didn't mention or is ever mentioned. How does a person with nothing compared to a dog or deer know someone has been mowing a yard even before they see it? I think animals can smell when someone has been in their yard without having to smell the person. For a dog to follow a trail all torn up by someone I don't think is any big deal. If they could just get those dogs to talk then we would be getting some where. There are many articles where the hunter will say "the buck just stopped and turned around, he must have winded me but I don't know how" he winded something. Could have been the hunter or it could have been the "cut grass" theory. Untill they get them to talk I guess will never know.

Thanks for posting the article. It is worth checking out and there's only one way to do it. I'll be keeping an eye on the effectiveness of mine.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Honestly, I have read all the online articles and long threads on the net about scent lok and scent blocker and it's effectiveness. I think everything needs to be considered with a grain of salt. I DO NOT think it is the end all be all of scent control. I still pack my scent gear (except for any liner type) into the woods, and then slip into the coverall 100 yards away from the stand, I still spray myself down with scent killer (home made), I still place my stands down wind. With that said, I still believe that these suits do effect and give you a slight advantage in scent control, although it does not eliminate everything or prevent something from finding you that is specifically looking for you like the dogs in this case. $100 is pocket change for an advantage like this when compared to the $1000's spent by most sportsmen on their other gear.......JMHO so take it for what it's worth. I used to have the occasional deer sneak in on me downwind and wind me, but not since I have been wearing this stuff. This year I will also be wearing a x-scent baselayer as well undermy savanna coverall.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 PM

hay rick, how u like that savanna coverall? i am thinking of getting a set for elk this year! are they that much thinner than the old stuff? thanks,
and for do they work i would not be caught without my scent loc!
i believe RICK hit right on the head!