Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What kind of headwear do you use? >

What kind of headwear do you use?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What kind of headwear do you use?

Old 07-09-2005, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What kind of headwear do you use?

I aminterested ingetting some headwear.... looking at Cabela's catalog. Can't decide on full or partial facemaskm etc. I will be hunting in fairly warm weather. (September in New Mexico). I wear a ball cap and wear glasses. I definitely don't want a fogging problem with the glasses. Any good or bad experiences/advice?
Old 07-09-2005, 04:40 AM

Default RE: What kind of headwear do you use?

I made a similar post a while back., if you do a search you should find it. I also noticed one in the new Cabelas archery catalog that has some sort anti fog system for those hunters that wear glasses. I have glasses and wear a mask made by M.A.D. calls. Hope this helped.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rtread

I wear a ball cap and wear glasses. I definitely don't want a fogging problem with the glasses. Any good or bad experiences/advice?
I too wear glasses but don't have a fogging problem. Go to a local sporting goods store that sells paint ball stuff. Pick up a bottle of the anti fogging lense cleaner for the paintball masks. IT WORKS GREAT on your glassess. I use it all year round for a cleaner.

As for the headwear I use the Ultimate headwear by Scentlok. Awesome it has a mesh over the ears so you can still hear thing around you.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always used ivory soap on the lenses of my glasses before I got contacts. It worked great.

I use a scent lok savannah head cover for warm weather. For cold weather, I will be buying one of the x scent balaclava's this year to layer under the scent lok head cover.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use a full mesh type hooded face with the 3-d leafy cut outs on it. i dont like to wear a cap. i think they have a version with a viser built in. the mesh is light and cool.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually wear the cheap ful headnet you buy at Wally world. Works great. But I have taken plenty of deer wearing zero on my face because I dropped or misplaced my net. I just hide behind my bow. Never been detected.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:38 PM

get a turkey hunting style 3/4 form fit mask such as one that hunter specialties
makes