Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Spot Hogg or Trophy Ridge ? >

Spot Hogg or Trophy Ridge ?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Spot Hogg or Trophy Ridge ?

Old 07-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spot Hogg or Trophy Ridge ?

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

There is no comparison to be made except to say that Spott Hogg isn't made of plastic.
There is one more. Hogg has a custumer service history here. I like those extreme sites. I've heard you say you like the HHA sites. What's your favorite these days?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

i hate setting up spott hogg sights it takes 4 ever and is a pain in the butt however once you get them set up they are the best out there
Old 07-07-2005, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: bowhuntt

i hate setting up spott hogg sights it takes 4 ever and is a pain in the butt however once you get them set up they are the best out there
I am having some minor issues adjusting the pins as well. However, I think it is probably more of the loose screw behind the peep. But it is a very well built site and I absolutely love the adjustability of it.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

nodog, I still have the HHA OL-5000 on my hunting bow. I'm convinced it one of the most rugged sights made, very bright, and has all the micro-adjustments I need considering all the tinkering I do.

I've got a Real Deal on my 3D bow and it's a good sight. I think the adjustments for elevation of each pin is crude and has to be done with care, but the sight is rugged. The very finest sight I've used so far was the Sur Loc Lethal Weapon, with adjustments as fine as .002" for the pins and/or gang adjustments. My only issue with it was that with the LW-1 I could not get my second and third pins close enough to set them at 30 and 40 yards. I could have gotten the LW-2 with the sight extension,moving the sight farther from the bow,but about that time a guy I worked with gave me the Real Deal for $75---not a shabby price.

Of course, I already have my new bow picked out for next year. Martin ShadowCat Elite/ Nitrous X. It'll be a target model set up for target and 3D only so I may yet stick the LW-2 on a bow.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am having some minor issues adjusting the pins as well. However, I think it is probably more of the loose screw behind the peep.
Swamp.

The offer for you to come over so I can help ya out is still on the table

You can even use our range to sight it in
Old 07-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

nodog, I still have the HHA OL-5000 on my hunting bow. I'm convinced it one of the most rugged sights made, very bright, and has all the micro-adjustments I need considering all the tinkering I do.

I've got a Real Deal on my 3D bow and it's a good sight. I think the adjustments for elevation of each pin is crude and has to be done with care, but the sight is rugged. The very finest sight I've used so far was the Sur Loc Lethal Weapon, with adjustments as fine as .002" for the pins and/or gang adjustments.
I'll keep that in mind. I don't think I have ever seen that one. You sure do have the toys. Let me know if you ever have a garage sale.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Take a look at the Vital Bow Gear. This is one quality site. Talk about brite! And you get verticle pins.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:55 PM

Spot hogg