Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

STS--IT'S FOR REAL

Old 07-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default STS--IT'S FOR REAL

I putan STS on my LEGACY and am very happy with the results--all i can hear is the click of my release and the arrow smcking the target and i think my groups tightened up also!This will be another 'must have' on every hunting bow i shoot along with the NO-PEEP and the Whisker biscuit.Money well spent in my opinion.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: STS--IT'S FOR REAL

yes, the sts quieted my already quiet hoyt down to almost nothing. I agree, sts, and no peep are a must...for me anyway
Old 07-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

After alot of experimentation on different bow and with different setups I partially agree with you. On some bows it makes a significant different in the shot feel and noise level of the bow. On others the difference is negligible at best. I believe it is very similar to limbsavers in this regard.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:03 PM

Even if it doesn't reduce the noise your bow makes it still has positive qualities that render it a must have item.

My favorite being the fact that the arrow leaves the string in the same place each time. Every time. This is what is causing your groups to tighten up.

STS and Windstalker Cable Gaurds are a must on any bow, not just hunting bows.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:23 PM

what is STS? never heard of it.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now not to hijack this thread, or maybe we should starta new one, but what is the deal with....

STS and Windstalker Cable Gaurds are a must on any bow, not just hunting bows.
....the windstalker cable guard. I have seen it pictured and mentioned over on Archerytalk a few times but never any real thorough explanation as to its benefits. Care to elaborate?
Old 07-02-2005, 03:23 PM

PABowhunter- I totally agree.
There is a cost benefit to everything. I have found that the STS does nothing for my accuracy. 4 inchs at 40 yards is as good as I ll get. I will not put this on my bow "just to get the arrow to leave at the same spot." Like any other tool, what happens if you are on a hunt and you lose the limb saver part? Now you have just changed your point of impact past 30 yards.
The sts did NOTHING on my dual cam bows. It helped a bit on my allegiance, an already quiet enough bow.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tried to go cheaper, (story of my life), and bought a Buzz Buster by Pearson. Looked like results would be about the same. This product attaches to the cable gaurd rather than having it's own rod. Unfortunatly when I placed it on my bow as directed it restricted the movement of my cable slide. I could not draw more than about 1/3 of a full draw. Oh well, that one will be going back to the pro shop and I'll order the STS. 95% of feedback is good so I'll try it. My one concern was whether or not it will be effective on my dually.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:22 AM

txrookie- the most effective vibration/recoil and noise reducer on my duallys is the simms nv system. Hands down it beats the sts on dual cam bows. You will pay 20 more bucks and have to put your bow in a press, but it is worth it.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Every time I turn around something is $20 more. My financial advisor, (wife), is gonna kill me! LOL.

Quick Reply: STS--IT'S FOR REAL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.