Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Muzzy Team Realtree Broadhead Question !Please Reply! >

Muzzy Team Realtree Broadhead Question !Please Reply!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy Team Realtree Broadhead Question !Please Reply!

Old 06-29-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Muzzy Team Realtree Broadhead Question !Please Reply!

Does the Muzzy 4 Blade Team RT shoot pretty close to field points if not how far off are they
Old 06-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Team Realtree Broadhead Question !Please Reply!

i imagine theyd be a grain or 2 heavier becuase of the camo but ive nevershot them
Old 06-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

My expierence with muzzy's is that you will probably have to resight your bow in for the broadheads, not saying that they won't fly great out of the box, check it out go buy some and tune them in, you match them with the right arrow weight and you'll shoot through any animal bones and all.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just a question. Why do you want to pay extra for a camo furrel and "TEAM REALTREE" written on it? A Muzzy is a Muzzy is a Muzzy no matter what is written on it.

$20 for three realtree heads or $30 for six regular heads. They both do the same thing and are the same head. One just has camo on it.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Typical Buck

Big Bulls you hit it right on the head, they'll do the same damage. It ain't gotta be a pretty broadhead just one that works.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

It depends on how well your bow is tuned. It has always been my experience that the 4 blade Muzzy models were always some of the easiest exposed blade broadheads to tune. If your bow is tuned then you should have no problem getting these heads to fly right along with your fieldpoints.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Frank. I can get almost any head to shoot the same as field points. There is no secret to it. Paying attention to details in arrow building is one way. Getting all the ferrules stright with the shaft is mandatory. Having decent quality arrows is another. Straighter shafts shoot straighter--simple as that. Then tuning the bow/arrow combination comes into play. The better the combination is tuned the better the flight and grouping you'll attain. And shooting form is another part of the equation. You have to be able to repeat the same form shot after shot to get the same results.
I do have to say that although perfect flight can be achieved it sometimes takes more time and effort the faster the bow shoots a given broadhead and the larger the head. The wider the cut and/or the more surface area there is to the blades can make things more touchy, thus harder to get consistency.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lou-lou

My expierence with muzzy's is that you will probably have to resight your bow in for the broadheads, not saying that they won't fly great out of the box, check it out go buy some and tune them in, you match them with the right arrow weight and you'll shoot through any animal bones and all.
I couldn't agree more. Muzzy is a great broadhead but I've always had to resight after switching from field points to broadhead.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:29 PM

I shoot the Muzzy 4 blade, 100 gr head. My bow is tuned, and my heads do not wobble in the least on the arrow. They hit EXACTLY with my field points, no resighting in required.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Just a question. Why do you want to pay extra for a camo furrel and "TEAM REALTREE" written on it? A Muzzy is a Muzzy is a Muzzy no matter what is written on it.

$20 for three realtree heads or $30 for six regular heads. They both do the same thing and are the same head. One just has camo on it.
or $5 bucks for thecamo heads at wally world after the season Picked up 3 or 4 packs last year... I'm still using my 3 blade jobs though unless someone convinces me the 4 bladed ones will work better. Also, once I adjusted my nock point (IAW the easton's tuning guide) my field tips and broadheads group together. Do a search for Easton Tuning Guide and download it.... Good reading and very helpful in making your broadheads and field points hit the same spot.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Team Realtree Broadhead Question !Please Reply!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.