Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which fletching jig?

Old 06-24-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Which fletching jig?

Hey,

Looking at fletching my own arrows but was unsure on what jig to purchase. I want a jig that will allow me to offset that vanes a few degrees, as I don't use helical.

Was looking at the Arizona E-Z fletch but wasnt sure if this jig was able to offset vanes?

Cheers, any info will be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which fletching jig?

I just had an identical question....bought the Grayling jig and clamp....straight. You can offset several degrees, same offset as factory arrows I am using. It was easy to get started, successful results so far. This jig is priced reasonable and for someone not doing many arrows at a time...it is ideal.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy the best, buy the Bitz! If yoiu don't mind a plastic version then buy a Grayling. I prefer this style of jig over the Arizona anyday.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bitzenburger Top shelf and will last a lifetime.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Buy the best, buy the Bitz! If yoiu don't mind a plastic version then buy a Grayling. I prefer this style of jig over the Arizona anyday.
Why is this ?
I'm starting to aquire the gear to do my own arrows , and I've noticed that some experienced fletchers have a low opinion of the Arizona E-Z Fletch tool . It seems to me that if the rig produced uniform results and good quality the time savings alone would be worth it .

Old 06-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use an Arizona E-Z fletch and it works great for me, mines the helical style, and don't have any problems. also fletch for a friend of mine, and he likes the results also.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:08 PM

I agree with IL-cornfed go with the bitz. I had a jojan and it didn't compare.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy a Bitz. I bought one used on ebay, you can also pick them up easily on archerytalk.com in the classifieds. They basically don't wear out so why not buy them for 1/2 price ?
Old 06-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

I have several of the Arizona ez-fletch and they work great, YOU HAVE TO KEE THEM CLEAN OF GLUE... I have a right hand helical, left hand helical and a straight with slight degree offset. They work great and fast, using a good glue like steel force of goat tuff you can fletch a dozen arrows in around 30 minutes, but you have to make sure that you keep your equipment free of glue resudue...
Old 06-26-2005, 05:44 PM

Why spend $30 and regret it? Go with the Bitz and never look back.

Quick Reply: Which fletching jig?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.