Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 TO ALL WHISKER BISQUIT SHOOTERS >

TO ALL WHISKER BISQUIT SHOOTERS

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

TO ALL WHISKER BISQUIT SHOOTERS

Old 06-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Spike

Default TO ALL WHISKER BISQUIT SHOOTERS

I justordered a new Mathews Switchback and soon will be setting it up. I am in the Air Force serving in Iraq right now until middle July so I cant test shoot anything. I am 99% sure that I will be shooting the new Whisker Bisquit QS Deluxe. I would just like to know if any WB shooters experience fletching damage, loss of accuracy, and loss of speed. I have read reviews and heard that its a great hunting rest. I also heard that it is a little noisy when drawing back. But for the most part I heard that it is an awesome rest. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I need all the advice since there are no Archery pro shops in Iraq to visit. Thanks to all.

Mathews Shooter for life
John 14:6
Old 06-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TO ALL WHISKER BISQUIT SHOOTERS

I do not have one currently set up on any of my bows but I have used several versions in the past and have set up dozens for customers. With the new style biscuit you can generally expect moderate fletching damage until the rest is broken in and/or you trim the biscuit somewhat.

Speed loss is negligible with the 4 inch, slight offset, vanes that I have been using...approximately 1-2 fps on average.

No loss in accuracy resulted from switching back and forth from a biscuit....and I must say that it is an extremely quiet rest at least when used with carbons.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

First WiscBowHntr82, THANKS for the job you people are doing over there. Stay safe. (Please pass that on to your buds, too)

I have been using a whisker biscuit and have noticed a reduction in fletching damage as time goes by like PABowhuntr says. I am happy with it, and if I bought a new bow..... I'd put one on it.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:05 PM

First off my thanks and gratitude to all you men and ladies in the military and over seas fighting for our country.
I have a wb on my bk2, I shoot gt arrows and have had no noise while drawing it back. I love the rest, complete containment of the arrow makes it much easier in the tree not worring about that arrow falling off of the rest. I thought about going to a drop away rest but im gonna stay with my wb for atleast another year.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me also extend my thanks and gratitude to you and all of your fellow soldiers for your hard work and dedication. May GOD bless you and keep you safe.

No onto your question. I just put one on my Mathews Outback and love it. I've noticed minimal damage to the fletching and am sure it will go away as time passes. I plan to switch to this rest for my Hoyt as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanx for helping out in preservation towardseveryones freedom.

The WB is excellent rest, i have found out that with shooting with one for over the past several months i have not noticed any problems associted toward fletch problems or accuracy out to 50 yards.

"Check Six"
Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wiscbowhntr82 Thanks to you and all the the troups we are able tobe what we are
"FREE AMERICANS"
I have Been strictly bowhunting for more than 24yr. and I can honestly say this is the best hunting rest I have ever used!
I have had some fletching tear from time to time but the plus`s buy far out way the negatives..rta47
Old 06-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like everyone else, we appreciate all you are doing for our country. Here's to a safe and happy return home.

As for the biscuit.... it is the best rest I have ever used as well. It will wear your fletching down over time, but it takes awhile. I have not actually had any fletching tear directly from the WB... I have found that if you shoot arrows that have a camo design on them, they are noisier than a plain black arrow. I personally shoot Beman ICS 400s. When I shoot the Camo Hunters, I can hear the bristles against the shaft. I hunt w/ the regular Hunters which have a gloss black finish and they are quiet as can be.
All in all, it is definately worth the $$.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Spike

To All who responded so far, I would just like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH. It is very comforting knowing that you have support from your fellow Americans while you are at war. It gets depressing when you see all the liberal so called "Americans" talk down on the troops over here and not supporting us one bit. I just wanted to say thanks for everyones prayers in support and hopefully we all can come home soon and enjoy the woods and waters like Americans should. Also all my other hunting buddies feel the same way I do for all of your support.
To the Whisker Biscuit. Thanks for all your advice. This message board has really helped having me narrowed down alot of my decisions for setting up my bow. I am sure I will love the Whisker Biscuit.

Mathews Shooter for Life
God Bless America
Old 06-25-2005, 02:39 PM

I just got a Switchback and was wondering some input for setting it up. I think I am sold on the whisker bisquit and am curious as to shooting Axis arrows. What would be the best sight for this? I see a lot with the Trophy Ridge 3 and 5 pin sights? Any suggestions? I hunt in North Dakota and plan on Elk hunting in the future. What about a stabilizer? Any info helps.

Quick Reply: TO ALL WHISKER BISQUIT SHOOTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.