Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 The Branson Bowbash >

The Branson Bowbash

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

The Branson Bowbash

Old 05-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Branson Bowbash

And Red Hawk: I drove from Ca. last time. Trust me; FLY!!!
Yeah i might just do that too lol
Old 05-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

RedHawk, we had a blast. I usually bring a couple extra bowfishing bows for those who either can't bring theirs or don't have one. Just show up and have fun. Just don't count on a lot of sleep. Several days were bowfishing till 2:00 am, then up at 4:00 am to hunt turkey, then bowfish that night again. But it's not about the hunting or fishing. It's about getting together with friends and being hassled by Christine, and making new friends. The boys from Florida had never met any of us - even on-line - but now I'm going down there in March to hunt with them. Life don't get no better than when with family and friends who hunt.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Hunter06FlKy, two of the guys there were from Florida. They shoot a lot of tilapia. Maybe there's a place by you were you can find those fish.

I'm thinking of heading down to FL in March with Fishhunter to shoot some wild pigs and tilapia. (stuff that's easier to clean than carp)

Fishhunter, the winner of the quote of the trip goes to Joe. I was holding the flashlight while he cleaned a fish... I started doing the wandering beam of light thing and then when he gave me 'that look', I said.. "You know, I'm not happy unless I'm being a pain in the arse." Without missing a beat, Joe replied "Well then, you must be the happiest person in the world."

Bwhaahaahahahaaha!

Red Hawk, the next Bowbash will probably be held around the end of April. We'll be advertising it a bit more than we did this one. I'll get you more details as the event draws closer. It really is a blast.

We are also having the HuntingNet/Benefit4Kids 3D archery shoot and Pig Roast here in Northern IL on August 27th, 2005. I know it's a long way for a 3D shoot.. but it's something to think about.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep in mind that it's not JUST a 3-D Shoot, there will also be celebrity appearances from Todd Graf and yours truely.

Remember to bring your sharpies, we will be signing autographs.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Both events sound really cool and i'll definetly go whenever i can. Sad to say I won't be able to make it to the 3D shoot this year. As for the bowfish event of next year, its very possible. And thank you for getting me more details as time gets closer to it. I actually did have a quick question in regards of becoming a mordator in the youth sections..I posted a ''poll' there if you like to check it out lol
Old 05-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like a lot of Fun, wow Ive seen Christine with her bow, but with the hammer it is down right scary:-)

Dale
Old 05-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, What was your route on the way down? You may have went right by me!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm.. It was mostly I55 through IL. [72 to 47 to 38 to 39 to 55 to 70 to 270 to 44 to 65 to 465 or something like that)

You should have waved. [8D]

See that bow I'm using???
Old 05-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh...I see. You were a good 45 miles or so, I think, as the crow flies, from me. I live on highway 106, if you know where that is.

I seen that, What is that? I was thinking maybe a Phantom, but to me the pylons (the things the cams attach to, for the non oneida shooters) look too big, so Im gonna go with either a Strike Eagle or a Screaming Eagle. I thought you got an Osprey?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

It's a T-III. An older and heavier Oneida, but it sure does kabob those carp nicely.

I'd like to get an Osprey but I'm a lefty and it's an extra $100.00 to the lefty version. Maybe I'll talk Oneida into sponsoring me. heh heh heh.

Quick Reply: The Branson Bowbash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.