Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Flying Carp

Old 02-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Default Flying Carp

Here's a video clip of jumping silver carp. (the silver and bighead carp are the two new invasive Asian carp... they are both ecologically and physically dangerous)

You might have to shoot in self-defense.

Flying Fish
Old 02-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Flying Carp

Up on the river where I used to live in Indiana, they have these carp. It has gotten so bad that people are putting shield up to protect them at higher speed from these fish. From what I understand, their jumping has to do with the sound from the outboard engine. These are candidates for bowfishing this year for this kid.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

This looks like a job for .....

Illinois State Bowfishers !

Just use the bowfishing rig when standing still. Then, have the garbage can lid and baseball bat handy when you're on the move.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

a lot of fun to shoot. Amanita, you going to make it down this year to shoot some?
Old 02-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Wow what a great site Bulzeye! It looks like it's run by some outstanding people too. heh heh

Hey Fishy, yep I really need to visit you. BTW, call Mike and tell him to update the 2005 Branson Scales and Tails so we can start talking about it here.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:46 PM

I have already devised a soln to this problem.

The state gov. just needs to hire me and my buddies and we'll cuise up and down the river in our pontoon all summer long with our shotguns.

By the end of summer the problem will be solved and we'll probably move on to be national skeet shooters
Old 02-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how long they get to MN?

Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2005, 01:31 AM

you'll need Real Player to view this video clip... near went crazier trying to figure this one out...
Old 02-25-2005, 01:44 PM

boy i could see getting hurt by these fish. just think if they jump at you with a arrow in them. might no be a pretty picture. but i would still shoot them.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

They don't jump too well with an arrow in them, but when they jump in the boat they beat the bejeezus out of it. The also get slime, blood, and poo everywhere.

Last summer, one jumped into the boat next to my son, crapped all over his hand, then jumped back into the river.

Quick Reply: Flying Carp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.