Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Best Bowfishing Memory >

Best Bowfishing Memory

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Best Bowfishing Memory

Old 10-16-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Best Bowfishing Memory

What was the one fish or trip you remember the most.
Think mine would be the first shark in Fla. i took. Never really traveled much growing up, so this was the first time I even seen or smelled the ocean. Went out with a charter guy and laid a chum line with the tide into deep water off a flat. Now in comes this 6 ft. lemon shark, no monster, but the first I saw outside of T.V. Got an arrow into him, and it yanked the big orange anchor float out of the boat like a keg in jaws. After chaseing and fighting it, i got my first saltwater bowfished fish. Great time!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Best Bowfishing Memory

I don't have a 'best'... just lots of great memories. Everytime we have a get-together I have more. That sounds sappy but it's true.

Two memories that I particularly like are; The smile on Jeremy's face when he landed his first buffalo-kabob. The other being the expressions of concern on those bank fishermans' faces when our trio of boats headed towards them, into that deep pool on the Vermillion River... my boat in the lead, flying the Jolly Roger and all of us aboard the boats standing ready... bows in hand... looking scary. Then the looks of relief the bank fishermen had when they realized we were there to plunder the fish... not them.

[8D]
Old 10-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Bowfishing Memory

HA HA HA

That would have been great to see.
I think we're going to have to make that our official flag, since I've got one too. (just no boat to put it on yet)

I'm having a lot of fun with this group, and we've had some great laughs that will only get better with time as I get to know more of you. My favorite memory though has to be from back when I was in high school when my Dad and I hauled in 30 good sized carp in just under 3 hours. I know that's not a huge amount of fish compared to what some of the serious competitors get, but this was from the shore, and we were sharing a bow with a homemade hand-wound drum for the line.

It was a beautiful day, we were both shooting well, talking about guy stuff, and everything was right with the world.
Days like that don't come often.