Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Battenkill 5/6

Old 09-23-2022, 05:52 PM
Spike

Default Battenkill 5/6

I have a made in England Battenkill Disc 5/6. I have WF-5-F Amplitude line on it. I知 looking for a spare spool to go with it. I知 pretty happy with with the floating line I currently have on it but I知 trying to figure out what to use on the spare spool. I知 thinking about a sinking line to expand my fishing options. I知 mainly Bass and pan fish. I壇 like to hear what y誕ll are doing to expand your options. I kinda figure if I have a floating line and a sinking line to use my bases are covered.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I currently get by with a floating line and use different poly-leaders if I need to get deeper, but I think you are on the right track with getting a sinking line for the extra spool. Alternatively you could get an intermediate line (neutral buoyancy), but I would get a line that lets you get as deep as you think you will need and use a poly-leader if you need something in-between.