Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
Slingbow for Bowfishing >

Slingbow for Bowfishing

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Slingbow for Bowfishing

Old 02-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Slingbow for Bowfishing

I want to try bowfishing. I've been told you don't need a heavy draw weight bow, but do you think a slingbow like this will work for say carp or gar? How about for stingray (currently live in the dc metro area and want to try bowfishing for ray)? Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9d...M4NDE2OGYzNjE3
Old 02-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Spike

[quote=peeker;3910886]I want to try bowfishing. I've been told you don't need a heavy draw weight bow, but do you think a slingbow like this will work for say carp or gar? How about for stingray (currently live in the dc metro area and want to try bowfishing for ray)? Thanks.

Since no one is answering I will try. Alot of people use them for rough fish such as carp and smaller gar. Stingray I am not sure about as I would have to say no because they swim deep and need a little more power. Definately not Gator Gar and I doubt it would be good for channel cats,
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Spike

I've seen alot of variations on them and they look good for many places and fish, not legal in any of the states I bowfish where they specify a BOW must be used with line attached, but I'd try it or others like it if I could.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Spike

Thanks. I settled on a mission craze for rays.. It's still a fun little toy to play with.