Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
Fun Day with Police >

Fun Day with Police

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Fun Day with Police

Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default Fun Day with Police

Went to the harbour bowfishing yesterday. Most days I go up river away from people. Had 4 police cars zoom in on me. Said they got a complaint about someone shooting geese. I had to educate the police on bowfishing laws and what I was doing was totally legal. Said there could be town bylaws in which I said no, I already had a meeting with the bylaw officer over bows in town. Cops said "very good you did your homework, we have never seen anyone bowfish before." I told them I was expecting them to show up and was surprized they never came down last week. They left and told me to carryon and they were going to check the laws on it with the MNR. Fun Day! Guess I will be the topic at the next police meeting. LOL

UPDATE: Was listening to Owen Sound news in truck and a statement was released saying, " A gentleman is bowfishing with a bow and arrow in the Meaford harbour for carp which is a legal form of fishing. Do not call the Ontario provincial police. We repeat do not call the O.P.P. as it it is totally legal with what he is doing". LOL Though that's me. LMAO!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wheelie
Went to the harbour bowfishing yesterday. Most days I go up river away from people. Had 4 police cars zoom in on me. Said they got a complaint about someone shooting geese. I had to educate the police on bowfishing laws and what I was doing was totally legal. Said there could be town bylaws in which I said no, I already had a meeting with the bylaw officer over bows in town. Cops said "very good you did your homework, we have never seen anyone bowfish before." I told them I was expecting them to show up and was surprized they never came down last week. They left and told me to carryon and they were going to check the laws on it with the MNR. Fun Day! Guess I will be the topic at the next police meeting. LOL

UPDATE: Was listening to Owen Sound news in truck and a statement was released saying, " A gentleman is bowfishing with a bow and arrow in the Meaford harbour for carp which is a legal form of fishing. Do not call the Ontario provincial police. We repeat do not call the O.P.P. as it it is totally legal with what he is doing". LOL Though that's me. LMAO!
Congrats on that Big Carp
Ive had the police called on me before as well, the ignorant individual whom called the police on me told them I was also shooting Geese Its sad that people will call when they never saw what I was actually shooting, they only assumed I was shooting geese since geese were the only thing they could see on the water as they drove by me but comforting to know they wanted to protect our wikldlife.
I was in the same position as you as I had to educate the police officer on the legallity of bowfishing where I was.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome, your down with O.P.P.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should have asked them to throw out a glazed or 2 and showed them your prowess and skewered them through the holes!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! I can say that for I am a bowfisher and a LEO also!!!!!