Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
120 volt trolling motor to run off your generator. >

120 volt trolling motor to run off your generator.

Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

120 volt trolling motor to run off your generator.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default 120 volt trolling motor to run off your generator.

Any of you machining experts ever thought about building one of these? in a bow mount configuration?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey David.

I see a DC motor in the pic, not AC.
Was there another pic that you meant to copy?

I was just working on a 1hp ac motor the other day, and also a 1.5hp motor. They draw 12 amps and 15 amps respectively.
Pretty heavy current draw for only 1 horse of power. Not sure how hp compares to pounds of thrust, or if it woud be practical for a small genny. Then there is the issue of speed control. hmmm
Old 05-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

The one in the pic ran off batteries. I was just wondering if anyone tried it. Would a 220 volt motor work better? Do gennys produce 220 volt? I would just use one speed with a foot control switch. I like to cover a lot of water. It would be nice to get rid of the batteries.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Spike

Default No Need for the Hassel

If you just attach your trolling motor and battery charger(pluged into the generator) to the same battery the battery will not run down. you also do not have to run two trolling motors or run your generator durring the daylight hours.