Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

I'm hooked!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Spike

Default I'm hooked!

Hey there everyone, i'm new on here and just wanted to say hi. Anyhow, I live in De Soto and have been fishing and hunting the area for some time now. A buddy of mine came down and introduced me to the bowfishing thing, which i have been interested in learning about for a while now, and needless to say I became obsessed after the first fish i stuck an arrow through. I deecided then to purchase a recurve and get ready to start doing this much more often now in the offseason from fall. I now got all my stuff in and bow is ready to go. I have only been to one spot up by rend lake and was just wondering if maybe some of you could give me a couple pointers on some other decent spots to get out down here? Or likewise if there are any spots that you have found around here to be illegal to bowfish so i make sure not to accidentally go there? I would love to even get out on the weekends with some of you folks if anyone is ever wanting someone to go with and learn a lot more about bowfishing and just have a good time stickin some arrows through some of these fish. Thanks and feel free to contact me if anyone would like to get out and would like some company.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Spike

Crab Orchard lake has a healthy population of carp, and anywhere on the Big Muddy River, or Crab Orchard Creek will porduce fish.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Spike

we go to the spillway almost every day and other lakes and bodies of water ya want to join in the fun with us anytime at all just let me know. I will pm you my number,
Old 04-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I became obsessed after the first fish i stuck
That happens alot.
I understand it completely.

I took a new person out the other day for my first outing of the year, and I was described as 'giddy' upon connecting on my first fish of the year.