Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
Lights - Which is better AC or DC >

Lights - Which is better AC or DC

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Lights - Which is better AC or DC

Old 01-21-2010, 05:42 AM
Spike

Default Lights - Which is better AC or DC

My son and I are trying to rig up out duck rig to bow fish from. We have a 1654 with a 25hp GoDevil, and I am building a removable platform for the front that will go on after taking off the blind. This way I can set up for either of the 2 different uses, without 1 getting in the way of the other.

Lights are the question here, most rigs I've seen use AC lights for which you need a larger generator for. Is there a reason for the AC lights over DC lights?

I can pull a battery charger on 200A boost with my 900W Kawasaki Generator that is light weight, super quiet, and will run 1 quart of gas for about 2 hours and would rather use it than my other larger, noisier gensets if possible.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Simply put the amount and intensity of light with AC.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Spike

Well, there's already several 250/400w metal halides in the parking lot, although my building was built after the main building as somewhat of an afterthought...so those lights don't flood my area very well.

I've just been walking around with a 3w LED mag and pointing it where I want some light, and it seems bright enough, if I had like 10 of them. In fact I was thinking about buying some Mags and cutting the head off for a light fixture.

I want to use the 12v system for safety and the fact that I don't have to call an electrician...in a commercial building with 3 phase power, I'm not allowed to touch the 120v for any reason without an electrician. Plus the main outdoor lights aren't on my power meter, these will be.
============
tv bracket
discount hdmi cables