Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 went out tonight  =  no good  HELP >

went out tonight = no good HELP

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

went out tonight = no good HELP

Old 06-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default went out tonight = no good HELP

ok so i took my compoud out tonight only for about 2 hours seen a ton of carp but every shot i missed now i know you are suppose to aim low but how loow and wen i do it's hard to see the fish threw my site do u take yours off??? just some needed info before i go out again
Old 06-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: went out tonight = no good HELP

Yea, take your sights off and don't look through your peep sight, just instinct shoot. Pretty much point your arrow where you want it to go and release
Old 06-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Yea, take your sights off and don't look through your peep sight, just instinct shoot. Pretty much point your arrow where you want it to go and release

x2.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

lose the sight... keep shootin... it'll just click for you, and then you'll be whackin em. Its like a bike, once you get the eye for it it is easier! Have fun
Old 06-12-2008, 02:32 PM

for every foot the fish is deep aim a foot below m
Old 06-16-2008, 03:53 PM

I use a compound bow and I still like I sight. But you do not want the peep sight, I took mine off and do much better without it. I also make my sight bigger by putting white sticky tac around it to make it really stand out. With this setup I can be aimed where I want by the time I pull the bow back almost like instinctive, make sure to keep both eyes open. To practice put a bobber under a big sinker to practice diffrent shots that you will have. As you take shots you learn to deal with refraction. I also moved my sight so high I actually have to aim over top of the fish if their backs are touching the surface to hit them. Then a normal shot I can about aim right at the fish, and a deeper shot seems easier to aim for as well. I don't know if that is the best way to adjust sights but it works well for me.