Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Boat is coming along! >

Boat is coming along!

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Boat is coming along!

Old 05-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Boat is coming along!

wow thats a really nice.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:13 PM

This was the crappy results of last night. Terrible aim and alot of pulloffs only produced two fish. Really windy conditions as well. I still could have easily filled a barrel. We had to leave at midnight though.

Still the most fun I have had in a LONG time. Those monsters are tons of fun. I had one pull off at the boat after soaking me with a tail slap that easily topped 40+ lbs.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet! You dida great job with the boat and lights.

Where did you go bowfishing?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM

Started out at KY Dam, but they were letting water out like crazy, and with the wind it was terrible conditions. We found one sheltered bay and got a few shots, but loaded up and went to Barkley Dam. The water was silky smooth at Barkley and it was much easier to spot them. The Gar were really up there too.

Thiswas my first night trip bowfishing...I was surprised how much the fish were up...They were everywhere just chillin under the surface. I could have shot at gar until my arm fell off. One of the gar that pulled off on me would have easily topped 3.5 ft..probably closer to 4.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

That Ballst box looks Crazy, now for the questions, did you have to do it because you used High pressure sodium lights???? You wouldnt have to do that with halogens would you??????

Old 06-01-2008, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

That Ballst box looks Crazy, now for the questions, did you have to do it because you used High pressure sodium lights???? You wouldnt have to do that with halogens would you??????
Yea it does look crazy, lol. I didnt have to do it at all, I just did it to cut the light fixture weight in half, and make things easier to plug and go once on the boat. It will help distribute weight better as well.

Halogens don't have all this junk in them, as far as I know. Remote Ballast Boxes are for Metal Hallide and High Pressure Sodium lights. Halogens certainly don't need this, and as far as I know, I don't even think it is feasible.

Have you seen your third state record fish yet? I'm gunning for your bighead this summer.....actually, I'm just hoping to stick his little cousin. I want one 50 lbs or bigger this summer. I still find myself gawking at that photo of your pig, lol.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

Havent seen many bigheads, the river is so flooded and muddy, it needs to go down and clear up so we can go after some bigheads, they are fun to shoot..Good Luck..
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM

awsome boat!!!!! how long did it take you to finish the whole thing???
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree....Nice boat.....
How many runninghour's you getting with the 101-36 volt......The only reason I ask is that a Min Kota 24v 80/AP should/would be enough for that set up.....just a thought I had.......The Merc must push the boat pretty well....and ya Iam in the boat Biz....
Old 06-06-2008, 07:05 AM

Yea once it gets on plane itll push it as fast as I need to go. GPS clocked it at 30 mph going upriver, but I was the only one in the boat.

I used to only get about 3-4 hours running time....Now I get a full day with brand new batteries. We went to Kentucky Dam last night launched at 10 pm and I just now got home....About 7 hours on the water of nonstop trolling while bighead hunting in some heavy duty current and the batteries are still pretty hot. It didnt even start loosing power before we left. I am pleased with it now. But I agree on the 24v 80 lb Kota, I nearly bought one the other day but that Riptide motor is too nice to let go and I cant swing having two. The riptide really helps on my gulf trips when im trolling out in the big waters.

Quick Reply: Boat is coming along!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.