Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 getting expensive >

getting expensive

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

getting expensive

Old 07-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default getting expensive

I have lost 6 arrows so far. A couple were lost from shooting fish and they find there way into some narly tangles that I cant get them out of. One was lost when I shot a huge grass carp near a spot where there are some huge chunks off concrete dumped in the river and there is re-bar sticking out of them and the fish kept running my line on it and fraid my line in two. Later my dad seen the fish with the arrow sticking out of it and tried to stick it but missed. The last couple were lost from me missing and they get caught on somthing. Probably going to go out in the next couple of days to buy a couple more arrows, I just cant stop myself!!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: getting expensive

What kind of line are you using?
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

yes it is. Memorial Day w/e we went to chase pike,4 day trip,never got to shoot an arrow. drove 4+ hrs each way(?$100 in diesel fuel for the truck) launched boat and got a ways down Big Su RIver then up Yetna. started have problems with jet came off step and could not get back on step. took 14 hrs to get to launch. could only max out at 2.9 mph on big su[:@]had maybe 1 gallon of 70 we started with. ($210+ , + oil), plus launch fee and parking for 2 days ($30)
had a great time and beautiful weather and traveled at a speed we did not miss any of the beautiful sights[:'(]

since then i have managed to arrow 3 pike about 2.5 lbs each.those were less than $10 total for those. just not as many close to home.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

I think its around 120# test.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Spike

Get 200lb. fast flight, that is if your using a spincast.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know guys who use a lower draw weight bow (some down to 30#) when shooting in areas that have lots of roots or rocks. Start with stronger line.