Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 what do you do with the carp >

what do you do with the carp

Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

what do you do with the carp

Old 06-07-2007, 05:53 PM

Default what do you do with the carp

what do you do with the dead carp? i mit start bow fishing but i dont wont to waste them.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do you do with the carp

Fish never go to waste IMO. Ours get put in teh fields for fertilizer and critters and raptorsto eat. Freeze a few for trappin and give few to people to smoke but when you shoot 2-3 barrels of fish totaling about 300-1200 on a give dayor night of shooting its tough to do anything else but spread em in the fields. Look at it this way you are doin more to not waste the fish by removing them from the water than if you where to leave them. Thats a waste of game fish that could be swimin in their place or never hatched to due to nest disturbances of invasive fish. Good luck, shoot em up. WCL
Old 06-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Kill al the carp you want and don't look back. They are invasive exotics and it would be best if they were eradicated from our waters. The bad part is, no matter how many you shoot, you won't see any change in the population.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

YOTE DOG & BOBKITTY BAIT
Old 06-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

I do the same as wingchaser_labs. If you trap you can catch enough bait to last a life time durring the spring and summer catch. They are full of nutrients that benefit many birds of prey and critters like coons and possums, keeps them full so that they dont mess with turkey nests as much and makes them fat for when I trap them the upcomeing season, so I hope. I wasnt sure what to do with them at first, just wait and you will have plenty of uses before you know it.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

anyone ever use as bear bait? i was thinking of trying.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Bears would love 'em!
doesnt anyone eat them? You all sound like they are terrible [:'(]

My grandpa always had fish frys. I have made carp burgers-groundup with bacon, onions and saltines, pickled them and You can also boil them in strips for mock crab meat-not too bad
Old 07-03-2007, 09:24 AM

Some we eat the others. We have some green houses in area they take them and add it to there compost.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

I eat them all. Did a big fish fry last night with them and the people cleaned them out.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:53 PM

This great recipe is said to be from the Virginia Bowhunters Association:

Gut and scale one carp. Fill cavity with a four ounces of whole kernel sweet corn. Make a marinade of 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 1/2 cups cream sherry; 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon liquid smoke and salt and pepper to taste. After marinating carp overnight, tie fish to a hickory board with parcel twine and bake in a 400-degree oven for 2 1/2 hours, basting regularly. Remove from oven, cut twine, throw away the carp and eat the board.

I will try it if I arrow any!

Quick Reply: what do you do with the carp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.