Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Lost Down the Trinity >

Lost Down the Trinity

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Lost Down the Trinity

Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lost Down the Trinity

So about two weeks ago 3 of my buddys went down to the trinity river to do a little gator gar fishin (thank god i didnt go). they went 14 miles down river from where they put in on saterday. they shot 2 50 pounders, and had a couple of 100+ in by noon. they decided to call it a day at 6 oclock that evening. after running their boat for half a mile the motor crapped out on them. they started to use thier trooling motor(what geniuses) to get upriver. needlesss to say they didnt get far. i get a phone call from my buddys mom at midnight asking where he is(he just turned 22 and still has to check in with his mommy). they ended up trying to get some sleep on the bank but the skeeters were so bad that they couldnt. the next mornig three guys and two bottles of water set out and they walked 11 miles before catching a ride back to the truck. we were all woried about them at the time and had game wardens out looking for them. they are all fine but it is some of the funniest stuff i have ever heard in my life.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost Down the Trinity

One reason I always bring water and snacks along.
Glad they are OK.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Lost Down the Trinity

ok... this is kinda funny, also Bigjim tell them they should think about maybe keeping some ores with them!