Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Help a Lady w/ Her New Dingy >

Help a Lady w/ Her New Dingy

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Help a Lady w/ Her New Dingy

Old 05-23-2007, 10:11 AM

Default RE: Help a Lady w/ Her New Dingy

ORIGINAL: Lady Forge

Hey Robin;
What Stripper did you use ?
I don't remember her name...but she was definitely hot.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 AM

I don't know what the stuff was called, but it is easy to find at any auto parts store. It may have been "aircraft aluminum stripper" or something. You paint it on, let it sit, then hose it off.

That price sounds about right. I think one gallon would get it for a boat that size. It does not get slippery when wet or slimey.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

There Ya Go Carpsniper...
I don't remember her name...but she was definitely hot.
Robin Went And Made It Interesting.[8D]

Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, yeah we all kinda expected that.

What did you decide for your paint scheme?
Old 05-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

What did you decide for your paint scheme?
I am leaning towards the Black &Blue Camo... But not positive yet since there is alot to do to the boat before I ever get close to painting time.
Dave Randolph, came by the shop the other day a really helped me out alot.... he gave me lots of great advice and needed info on the legalities required of me and my boatand some great idea's for my boat.
Cant wait to start implementing some of the idea's.
Thanks Again Dave
Old 05-30-2007, 07:35 AM

After you have stripped the paint off chemically and then touched it up with the sander (as you indicated you were) in preparations to paint it try to get an area that has little to no wind. It will inevietably blow dust and particles onto your paint. You wouldn't want that pretty paint job to have things in there that everytime you see them you think about it...

To paint it you can go somewhere like harbor freight and pick up an inexpensive paint gun for under $20. These work pretty good for projects liek this. A small portable air compressor is all you need to get the job done. Don't own one? Then you can rent them for a day easy enough.

When you get ready to get your paint, go into the autobody paint store tell them what you are painting they can recommend the best type brand in your price range. Remember when painting more layers less thick are better than less layers sprayed thickly. Takes a little longer but you will have more control over the overall quality. When two toning, a final coat or three of clear will keep things all smooth and durable.

Don't forget it is MOST important to grease the wheels/axles. Especially if it has been sitting up any length of time. These can lock up and you will end up beside the road in always the most inopportune time. Check those tires for dry rot. If you look at the sides of a trailer and there are miniscule cracks on the side walls, you should replace the tires. There may be great tread, but that doesn't mean they will last any time at all.

HTH.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Go for the pink camo.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you look at the sides of a trailer and there are miniscule cracks on the side walls, you should replace the tires. There may be great tread, but that doesn't mean they will last any time at all.
That is good advice on the tires. I had two blow outs on my horse trailer because of dry rot. I knew I needed to replace them but didn't have time luckily I had some spare tires to throw on there until I got them replaced. If you have the trailer set up alot spray the tires with armorall every couple weeks and let it soak in. It will help keep the tires from dry rotting.