Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

i got a ?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:34 PM

Default i got a ?

Does anyone use a wisker biscuit for bowfishing? cause i recently purchased a bowfishing bow from my cousin and it has a wb on it, and i was wondering how good it worked. Do you use that ams slide or do you just attach thestring to the arrow? any help would be awsome. also if you attach it to the arrow do you attach it at the point of the arrow or at the back of the arrow?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i got a ?

i dont use a wbbut i know there is one out there for bowfishing. i'd imagine u'd still attach the sting to the slide jus make sure the slide is in front of the wb before shooting.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

WBs are used by some. I would never tie to the arrow. It can be dangerous and doesn't work very well sometimes. Spend the extra couple bucks and shoot safetly slides. They are the only way to go. WCL
Old 04-24-2007, 04:44 AM

I use a WB and will not use another rest...You can shoot upside down if you wished and not worry about your arrow going anywhere. I used the wave rest for a while and on fast pull backs or trying to snap shot the arrow would slip off the rest. One of my partners blew up his compound from the same thing. I would suggest leaving it on and I doubt you will have any regrets. Use the saftey slides I thought about not using them then I seen a few pictures of scard heads and fresh cuts 1/2 from eyes from guys tieing to arrows. I know you have two eyes but if you take out your dominate eye then you have to buy all new equiptment and oh yea YOU LOST ONE OF YOUR EYES!

The easiest way to tell if the biscuit is one for bowfishing arrows is the stiffness of the bristles. If the glass arrows can slip between the bristles easy then it's not the correct one. Just put an arrow through and give your bow a shake.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

i also use a WB and it works excellent. USE SLIDES!!!