Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Bowfisher finds body >

Bowfisher finds body

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Bowfisher finds body

Old 04-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default Bowfisher finds body

I've missed fish and brought up some weird stuff but nothing this horrible. []
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]DNA tests possible for remains found of infant
[/align]By Democrat staff
[/align]
[/align]Article Created:04/03/2007 09:08:40 AM PDT

If conditions permit, a full DNA study will be performed to help in the identification of infant remains discovered last Thursday in a canal east of Woodland.
[/align]
[/align]The body of what is suspected to be a 3-month-old infant found in the Conway Canal, about 2 miles east of Woodland off County Road 22 by a fisherman. It is estimated by Yolo County Sheriff's Department supervising deputy coroner Robert LaBrash that the remains had been in the water for about six months or longer.

It's hopeful that once an anthropologist completes an examination, more information will be available to determine the infant's sex, nationality and cause of death. Whether the infant died of natural causes, or was murdered has not yet been determined.

If conditions permit, a full DNA study will be performed to aide in the possible identification, LaBrash said.

The body was found when a Rio Linda fisherman reeled in a "box" containing the remains. A diaper was later found inside the vessel with the infant.

The fisherman was bow-hunting carp on the river when he missed a fish but hit a box. Bringing the box to the surface, the man saw the remains and notified authorities.

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/news/ci_5583498
Old 04-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowfisher finds body

this is sad. so so sad[&o][]
Old 04-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

honestly, im not sure what to say,[]at least it can have a proper barial now.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Thats sad
would give you nightmares for quite some time. All things happen for a reason and at least the baby was found.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

I couldn't imagine pulling that in, truly horrendous...
Old 04-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still find it hard to fathom that people can do things like that.

I thought I had found a body myself back a few weeks ago when there was still ice and I was scouting out the rivers for open water. I spotted a black cylindrical shaped mass in about 3 feet of water.

It was about 2 feet long, about as big around as a bowling ball, and wrapped in a trash bag and duct tape. I went in after it, fished it out, and called the cops to let them open it. It was a bit too much the size and shape of an infant for me to open it without witnesses, but I wasn't going to ignore it because ifit was some missing kid, there were parents out there somewhere waiting to bury their child.

As it turned out, it was just a cat. I hope it was somebody's strange way of disposing of a dead pet rather thanthe killing of a live animal. Anyway, even though it gave me the creeps, we were all relieved that it wasn't human.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Spike

That is crazy..that person that did that needs to be shot!!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:30 AM

THATS BS PEOPLE WHO COULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT JUST NEED TO BE....... WELL I'LL JUST SHUT UP.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

That would be a nightmare experience, especially a infant. If the parent(s) were involved in its murder if it was in fact, then they lock em up for life. If it was a accident then at least the child will be buried properly
Old 04-05-2007, 05:13 AM

a couple of years ago an amish familly down the road got in trouble for burying a baby on there property. it got sick and they never took it to the doctor. 2 in jail and the rest moved. lots of threats

Quick Reply: Bowfisher finds body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.