Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

$

Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default $

how much is an averge but decent bow set up?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Default RE: $

if you've already got your bow it shoudln't be too bad. you can get the top of the line AMS drag free reel kit which includes the reel, mounts, and 2 arrows and a dvd for $130. but there are other options. a zebco 808 will run you about 30 and a mount will be another 20 arrows are about 15.
finally (this is the one that i first started out with) i found that this works good you can get a whole rig for around $30 and you can get a better one once you've gotten better. the only drawback is that after every shot you have to wind the string back on the spool manually.

http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1274
Old 04-05-2007, 05:17 AM

Default RE: $

you can get set up for about 50 bucks if you already have a bow. zebco 808 try a pawn show can get them for 5-10 bucks i just use a hose clamp and atatch to a stabilizer you could probably get yome used arrows also