Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 So what do you think of this new fish head? >

So what do you think of this new fish head?

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

So what do you think of this new fish head?

Old 05-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: So what do you think of this new fish head?

The innerloc heads looked really good, I would use them just for hard to hold fish since you have to unscrew them and they aren't cheap.

This head looks like it might be a bit much for my 40lb bow to push into a big fish. Plus it looks like it might plane a fair amount.

I say that you should buy them and review them for us.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Robow7,

The tournament knot I am refering to (that I use) is when you tie a loop to the back of your arrow with a seperate piece of string about 8 inches long on a AMS safety slide. Then I tie a loop on the line from my bow about the same size. Then I take the loop from the line on my bow, put it through the loop on my arrow, then run the bowfishing point through the loop on the bowfishing line, and then pull both loops tight at the back of the arrow. Basically I'm left with the arrow attached to my line with a figure "8" knot with the two loops ran through each other. That way, if I have to, I can just pull the line completely through the fish, reverse the order I used to install the arrow with the loops, take the arrow off, and pull my line back through the fish without the arrow on it. It takes about 5 seconds to do. I don't tie anything to the front of my arrow. Hope that makes sense. (I need to post pics of this sometime I suppose.) I have all my spare arrows in my case all tied with a loop on my safety slide so if I ever need to replace an arrow, I can do it right away with out tying a new arrow on. The most I have to do is tie a new loop on my main line. Very quick re-up time.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

I think I've got it but Yes, please throw a quick primer together sometime so we can see what you mean. As far as the Interloc heads, I'm sure they're fine but at the rate I lose arrows, I would need a small business loan at some point in the summer just so I could continue to fish.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Snood.. if you put together a pictorial... I'll put it on our website and you'll be famous.

(weirder things have happened)
Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Down in Branson I noticed that I had a screw coming loose (har har har) on my arrow. The screw that holds the safety slide stopper on was loose and I tried to tighten it but it seemed stripped out.

Instead of rooting around for another arrow, I just kept shooting it. Soon Kendall hit a nice carp that needed a back-up arrow. I shot it and pulled on my line. I got the line but the slide came off. Kendall pulled on the his arrow and it pulled out of the carp. I watched the carp make lazy circles into the deeper water while Kendall reeled in his line and started chasing after the fish. Luckily my arrow had hit the fish through the gills so it didn't go far before it just rolled over. It was down in about 8-10ft of water and we could just barely see it's light colored belly shining up from the depths. Kendall arrowed it again and recovered my arrow.

So.... as of yet... I still have not lost a single arrow... but I know that day is coming.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Snood.. if you put together a pictorial... I'll put it on our website and you'll be famous.

(weirder things have happened)
Well, that's all the incentive I need!! I'll try to get something worked up soon.

That story is great! Much like that, I shot a garlast yearthat sliced my string with her teeth when she rolled as I was getting ready to pick her up. She kept my arrow and took it down with her. I was able to tie a loop on my string, grab a new arrow with my loop already on it and tie it on in about 15 seconds. Believe it or not, she broke water about 20 seconds later and I had my gar AND my arrow back all within one minute! I can't remember who showed me this arrow tying trick, but if they hadn't, I wouldn't have recovered that one that day because I would have been too slow.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

OK, here is the pictorial. Now, I didn't come up with this, and I can't remember who showed me, but it works slick. Please excuse the camera work.

First, tie a simple loop on the safety slide with about 8 inches of string (I use white 400 lb. Fast Flight). Second tie a simple loop in the main string from the bow (green):

Next put the main string loop through the safety slide loop:

Then run the main string loop down to the arrow point:

Open up the main string loop and run the arrow point through it:

Pull the main string back to the rear of the arrow making sure the loops ride over the safety slide and the bumper. You will start to see the figure eight type knot forming:

Pull the two loops tight to form the knot:

The safety slide loop should be big enough to clear the nock when you have "fish on" (mine is a little small here but still sufficient):

If you run an arrow completely through a fish or become tangled, you can reverse the procedure, take the arrow off, and then pull the main string back through the fish.

Here is a video I did too. It is my first try at it so sorry for the low quality. Hopefully you can get an idea of how quick this is to use and how simple it is once you get the hang of it: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/ejesauer/?action=view&current=MOV00427.flv

Good fishing!!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:47 AM

wow i really like that know alot simpler than the ones I tie I am going to start using that
Old 05-15-2006, 07:50 PM

And yet there is another way of tying on 200 lb ff on the slide.no pictures but here it goes.you do the same big loop.know this is for us that use spin cast reels,that have 200lb ff in there reels.make the loop around 4 to 6 inches long.put the loop thru left slide hole and pullthen thru right slide hole,and pull thru.and then slide to stop and loop over knock and pull."walla" reverse for pass thru's.

you all have a blessed day,steve
Old 05-15-2006, 07:54 PM

we at homegrown enterprises sell these points and they have a new chisel head aslo.

Quick Reply: So what do you think of this new fish head?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.