Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 ok here we go again >

ok here we go again

Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

ok here we go again

Old 04-07-2006, 07:37 PM

Default ok here we go again

ok well after doin a lil turkey huntin this mornin and takin a good bird .i put my boat in and went to stickin again .well i fished from 1030 till 730 this evenin here is the total i got i shot 22 gar ( missed more than i shot ) and carp the total was 26 i found the mother load today on them in a area i havent fished in yet . the smallest fish was a gar at 5 lbs the biggest went 42 lbs and of course it was a carp and my biggest ever yessssssssss .so i had a great day .maybe i can get christine down this way next year after she saves some money lol .
Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: ok here we go again

scmthnter,

Are you a member of the BAA?(Bowfishing Association of America) These are the BAA state records for SC :

White Amur

40 lb. 13 oz.
Kevin Satterwhite
2-Jun-95

Carp (Common)

26 lbs. 0 oz.
Ronnie Cannon
8-Mar-03

Catfish (Blue)

32 lbs 8 oz.
Ronnie Cannon
28-Mar-03

Catfish (Flathead)

34 lbs. 6 oz.
Rob Huber
8-Aug_03

Bowfin

11 lbs. 4 oz.
Ronnie Cannon
8-Feb-04

[/align]http://www.bowfishingassociation.com/community/index.php?topic=238.0

You can enter your fish for a citation/recordand join at the same time. (regular membership is 30.00, citation fee is 3.00) It would be particularly cool if you could get you one of your sons to get a gar. (any gar would be a state record right now)

Just a thought.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:22 PM

hey christine . no mam i'm not i never have thought about joinin up .but i guess i can try and join since u recommended it lol . i know i can break some of those records but except that white amur or emu thing u mentioned .we dont have those here or any gator gars which stinks . so i will looin into thank ya mam .
Old 04-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

If you join up, tell 'em I sent you.. They might not hold it against you. hee hee.

A white amur is a fancy name for a grass carp.

In a couple of weeks I'm going to go down to MO and shoot a new BAA state record carp. (there's no carp entered right now... so if I can just shoot a carp in MO it's a new record) hee hee hee
Old 04-07-2006, 08:40 PM

i wish u the best of luck mam !!! why didnt u just a fancy carp instead jeez i am from the south and a redneck i only got my 6 grade education lol . o yeeah i will tell em alright lol
Old 04-08-2006, 06:52 PM

ok i had a bad day today dang storms came thru messed me only was able to bowfish for a few hours today no huntin .i was able to shoot a few fish .i shot 10 fish altogether

Old 04-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

dude, you are soo lucky, you get out so many times. i wish it could!!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:15 PM

white it wont last long so im enjoyin while i can as soon as i get a girlfriend it will come to a end be wantin me tp spend all my time with her .went yesterday and today fishin took 10 yesterday and 29 today . givin it rest tomorrow maybe lol
Old 04-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Well you could get a girlfriend that likes to bowfish. [8D]

Of course, then you'll need twice as many bows, arrows and other such things. heh heh
Old 04-09-2006, 11:59 PM

i could if i could find one who already has a bow and her own boat .christine u know any lol