Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 where to go in south texas >

where to go in south texas

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

where to go in south texas

Old 01-08-2006, 07:54 AM

Default where to go in south texas

hey yall. i just moved to dickinson texas near galveston from utah. never heard of bow fishing before but my wife bought me everything for christmas. i have gone to clear lake multiple times but have seen nothing. we have a bass boat if that is thebetter way to go.... where are the hot spots around here. any and all help would be greatly appriciated

Old 01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: where to go in south texas

Not the best time of year right now. Later in the spring, Feb-May you will be able to shoot a lot of carp and gar in the shallows. People shoot a lot of Tilapia, great to eat btw, but I think most of them shoot at night. Give it a few months and you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:00 PM

thanks for the info mez. is clear lake a good choice.... any other lakes i should look into that are relatively close no more than 2 hours away...... do i look up in the fingers of the lake or closer to the bay.....

Old 01-12-2006, 10:10 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Any of the public lakes in Texas are a good choice. They are all full of carp and gar. In the spring when they start to spawn they will be in shallow water next to the bank. They will be everywhere, I wouldn't look in anything over 3ft deep. Get a GOOD pair of polarized glasses and you will be set. Do a google search on TX bowfishing, there are some good web sites to look at.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:19 AM

You moved to a good area,You have the Trinity river and bay,Thats great bowfishing,
Old 01-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be moving to San Antiono in a couple of months so i'll be sure to keep eye on this topic more
Old 01-26-2006, 04:54 AM

There is a lot of bowfisherman around S.A.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds good. I know there is alot of lakes out there and my friend loves fishing so she gonna take me fishing out there alot
Old 02-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Sean, your mission is to find me a good Texas bowfishing spot and a hog hunting place too.

heh heh

Old 02-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Sean, your mission is to find me a good Texas bowfishing spot and a hog hunting place too.

heh heh

**Salutes** Will do

Quick Reply: where to go in south texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.