Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Inheritance

Old 02-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Inheritance

So got a new knife my father decided to give to me. This one was one my grandfathers, purchased decades ago when he was heading to Alaska. Father said it cost him at the time two months salary to purchase, not sure if it was a wise choice as when him and grandma split she took the knife.

Searching online and seeing alot of information on the Morseth Brusletto knives and thought I would share what will be turning into a family heirloom. Blade is still sharp as can be even for being left in a box in the laundry room of my grandmothers house for 40 years.
Attached Thumbnails Inheritance-20160217_154349.jpg   Inheritance-20160217_154403.jpg   Inheritance-20160217_154437.jpg   Inheritance-20160217_154446.jpg  
Old 02-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Nice! Definitely an heirloom...
Old 02-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a nice one....even better that its a hand me down but it is an awesome piece even without considering that.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I currently have it sitting on my fireplace mantle as I cannot figure out what to do with it. Might use it this coming season for skinning deer but I also want it to remain intact to hand down to one of my three sons. I will probably save the leather sheathing in my momento box and use a different sheath for going afield.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Thanks, I currently have it sitting on my fireplace mantle as I cannot figure out what to do with it. Might use it this coming season for skinning deer but I also want it to remain intact to hand down to one of my three sons. I will probably save the leather sheathing in my momento box and use a different sheath for going afield.
Don't have a safe?
Old 02-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do, I tend to use the safe for guns and ammo. My old military foot locker though is where I keep most of my personal momentous, things like my medals, heirlooms, etc. Don't know why just a habit I guess.