Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Best knife sharpener >

Best knife sharpener

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Best knife sharpener

Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

The sharpener I got for Christmas is a smiths precision sharpening kit. Takes about 10 mins to sharpen to a razor edge but you won't get much better I guarantee it
Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blad...hey-worth.html Didn't feel like retyping this message, but I just got the Work Sharp WSKTS, and typed about it in this thread.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Spike

I have a lansky and a smiths system, they will both get a knife scary sharp in about 10 mins once you figure it out, I have the bald spot on my arm to prove it lol.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 06-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've found the best knife sharpening system is the Lansky Kit and I follow that with a ceramic or diamond stone and a leather strop. When finished your knife will be shaving sharp. And once done, it will be much easier to resharpen with just the diamond or ceramic.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Spike

In my opinion, the best sharpening system is the Chef's Choice electrical sharpener M130 model. It's quite expensive, beware, at abou 200$ I think, but it enabled even a novice to have razor sharp edges with minimal effort involved - the instructions are pretty clear.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

An "Arkansas" stone .... one medium and one fine .... any light weight oil from a special honing type oil to 3-in-1. A well designed diamond sust sharpener will work well too.

A key is to not let the blade dull out in the first place ... learn to hold the proper angle ... doesn't take a lot of pressure. Take you time with the stroke, keeping it precise and develop a "feel" the metal against the stone and you'll have a super sharp knife in only a few strokes. There are lots of good instructions on how to use a stone sharpener.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Spike

Either crock sticks , like all good auto stores have or a Spyderco sharpmaker. With either setup all you do is keep your knife straight and drag the blade down the stone.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

Accusharp........Google it
Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tim Buma
I use one for my cheap-o cooking knives, but wouldn't touch it to my nice knives.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tim Buma

+1

I've tried some other much more expspensive systems and the Accusharp works as well as most and better than quite a few fancier sharpeners. For any knife you use a a tool (meaning, not a collectable), this is the way to go. Incredibly simple to use and puts close to a razor edge on my hunting knives.

Buck used to make a small version of the Accusharp that you can carry with you. Don't know if they still do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.