Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Bark River knives questions >

Bark River knives questions

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Bark River knives questions

Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bark River knives questions

Are Bark River knives still in production? Can you order a specific version of a Bark River knife, for example a Gameskeeper with an Impala horn handle or with an antique stag horn handle? Where do you order such versions -- I understand Bark River does not sell directly to individuals.

Also, what experience have you had using Bark River knives, particularly the Gameskeeper? That looks like a pretty sweet knife to me. I'm thinking about buying one of these for my son as a college graduation present for next May 2012. Intended uses would be gutting and disassembling elk in the field. One thing I have noticed with some of my mass produced knives is that they seem to need sharpening multiple times during the process of cutting up an elk -- they get dull readily. I'm hoping maybe a superior quality knife -- better steel -- would not dull that quickly. This year I actually cut up two elk -- own elk and that of a hunting partner (who carried out my elk in the meantime -- believe me, I think I got the better end of that task assignment!!!). It would be nice if my knife would stay sharp through two elks. Comments?
Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Spike

Check out knives shipped free. They have a whole line of Bark River knives.

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/index.php?cPath=465
Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

I've handled Bark River Knives and they are very nice, reviews are good too. Also, look at Fallkniven hunting knives, supposedly they're excellent if not better. I'm considering buying an S1 for Christmas. Also, look at davesknifeworld.com, they have a lot of knives.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try contacting Bark River, to start.