Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
new hunting knife >

new hunting knife

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

new hunting knife

Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of mine, its the larger version. Case makes great knives, I only use this one for hunting. I have used it four times in the last two years, two elk and two deer. My dad bought me this one for my birthday also, two years ago. I need to get one like yours, I collect Case knives, dont have that one but I do have about 40 other Case knives, most are new in the box, never been used or sharpened.

Last edited by fritz1; 12-23-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Case Big Finn. Great knife for field dressing deer.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
Last Christmas my wife bought me a Case at Bass Pro and made her take it back for refund!.....Said made in China!
I have 2, one I found 30 years ago and one I bought last year. They both have U.S.A. stamped on the blade just in front of the hilt.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never seen a Case made in China, and I have been collecting Case knives for over 15 years. I do know you have to watch which Buck knives you buy, some are made in the U.S.A., some are made in China. It is obvious which ones are made in China, you can tell without even looking, by the price. If it is cheap it is more than likely made in China, same can be said with Gerber, Kershaw and Boker. That being said, it goes back to my theory, you get what you pay for, Quality isnt cheap!

Last edited by fritz1; 12-26-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
Last Christmas my wife bought me a Case at Bass Pro and made her take it back for refund!.....Said made in China!
If you dont mind me asking, what model Case was it?