Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Your go-to carry knife? >

Your go-to carry knife?

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Your go-to carry knife?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

I carry a Swiss Army Super Tinkerer model that my wife gave me and have for close to 20 years. Before that I carried a Sears knife my dad gave me when I was just a kid. I even carried that knife to school, something you could never do today. I am never without my knife and I feel naked if I don't have it in my pocket.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Spike

I carry a Kershaw Leek by Ken Onion. Really holds and edge and I love the assisted opening http://www.larrysguns.com/Cutlery/16...0kershaw-1.JPG
Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

I carry a scharade folder in a belt sheath, I have never seen another knife like this it has a logo on the blade that says
IHEA with a bucks head etched in the letter A. I bought this knife in some little town hardware store that was going out of bussiness for about 12-15 dollars, a great little knife that holds a edge.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by floor ya
if i'm wearing pants, i have a knife on me. for about the past 10 years its been a benchmade griptilian. i'm on my second one. i use it everyday for something.
What if your not wearing pants????
Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Spike

I have carried a knife for a long time, I ahve gone from a basic swiss army style, to clip style. Never needed an expensive knife, most have been generic. Right now I have a Kershaw Chive? believe it is. It's a nice small knife, and I really like the assited opening.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 AM
Spike

Winchester Spring Assisted II
Gerber Profile (fixed)
or my dual set Elk Ridge.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Crkt m-16.
Attached Thumbnails Your go-to carry knife?-crkt_m16-14.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Butch I have two knives like that, and yes they are very special to me.

The first is a 1970's Buck 110 hunter. My Best friend from high school's dad past away our soph. year. His son, well his son I havent hunted with in 4 years and havent talked to in 2 years, despite many attemps of calling him. His mom gave me all of Steve's guns and knives for me to keep and take care of until Jarrod is ready for them.

The second knife is late 80's Shrade Uncle Henry stag handled lockback. It was my Gpa's knife. He gave it to me a few weeks ago as he is going into kidney failure and wanted me to have it. He has carried this knife everyday since he retired from American Electric Power/Ohio Power in 1990. It was his retirement gift. I didn't notice until a few days ago but on the opposite side of the "AEP" engraving he had my name engraved on it.

I carry either of these two knives daily.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

I carry a CRKT Lake Thunderbolt 2 I have both 1 and 2 but the original is HUGE!!

I hunt with a Knives of Alaska Elk Hunter. It is D2 tool steel and takes a lot of abuse!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I carry this Gerber AR 3.0 everywhere. It is very tough. I have broken off some many tips from Kershaws and benchmades but never this gerber. Hard as hell to sharpen but really stays sharp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.