Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Automatic knife? >

Automatic knife?

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Automatic knife?

Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Spike

I've only had one switchblade, but I didn't carry it for two reasons. 1. Because it's illegal in the United States. 2. I just didn't like it. I don't really like the action of the switchblade, just seemed like too much. Instead, I carry daily a Winchester Spring Assisted II. Spring assisted knives are better in my opinion. And they are legal here.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Typical Buck

It's always smart to check your local laws. Switchblades are illegal in most states and some states have restrictions on any knife capable of being opened with one hand.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few Benchmades that are auto's and are pretty nice. There are some very odd laws on these knifes. Some states you can carry but not sell them. Some you can own but not carry. Some I don't think you can even watch a movie that shows an auto.

Just be careful where the button for opening is located and how easy it can be pressed/does it have a safety on it. I have a couple S&W's that are auto but can open in your pocket when carrying...which is not good.

Also if you get one keep the lint and dirt cleaned out of it as much as possible. It can interfere with the opening mechanism.

Last edited by Duckbutter48; 10-21-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Spike

Default Protech and new laws

Pro Tech TR2 $110, and new laws cover the whole "automatic" knife laws new from the ATF. Military, law enforcement, handicapped are legal most all states. But on the other side in Alabama You can own one and carry if not concealed(yea i Know), in Tennessee you can neither own nor carry if you are not Military, law enforcement, handicapped. . . meaning limited use of limbs. If someone knows the new rules i would love a link. I know that on Impact Guns.com you have new forms to fill out? Anyone know
Old 12-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Spike

Automatic knives are illegal in the U.S. Unless you are LEO or military. I carry a spring assist Benchmade. I had a run in with a sheriffs deputy that was more concerned with the spring assist knife than the loaded Glock I was carrying concealed and when I declared both he unloaded my gun and thought the knife may be illegal here in Kalifornia. He ended letting me off when I quoted him the law for both weapons and he called another deputy on the radio to confirm what I told him.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

I know as others have said, here in Indiana any knife that opens automatically or is assisted by springs or gas to open is illegal.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.888knivesrus.com/category...ian_stilettos/
They have 3 different kinds of automatic knives Italian Stilettos, leverlocks, and what they call production, whatever that is. Personally I have http://www.888knivesrus.com/product/...34-CLOSED.html it's an assisted opening from buck usa, lifetime warrenty.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Check this guy out. Great customer service, always specials going on. http://www.pvk.com/webcat/kershawredauto2010.shtml

Ask for josh. tell him Tom F. from connecticut sent ya.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Kershaw Ken Onion Blackout.

auto assist, been carrying it for 5yrs or so. The tension bar in it broke a yr ago, a quick email to Kershaw (lifetime warrenty) and was asked 2 questions. You want us to ship you a new one and install it yourself or have it sent to us and we will replace the bar and sharpen it also.

only thing they wont ship is blades, you gotta send your knife in for that.
That is what I carry. A great knife!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.knifeworks.com/crktelishe...plainedge.aspx

push the little button on the side and it opens real quick... for these types of knives supposedly being illegal everyone is building them and selling them mainstream!!!! My bro just gave me this one for Christmas ...and I should have the button wore out in a week or two ....LOL!!!!!! CRKT knives are really good knives.... as good as any on the market!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.