Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Favorite Brand of Knife?? >

Favorite Brand of Knife??

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Favorite Brand of Knife??

Old 09-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Spike

For a sheath knife I have come to love Cold Steel and Fallkniven. In the folder catagory I really like Spyderco.

Some other brands that I have had good luck with and I think are great values; CRKT, Bark River, and for a big chopper NOTHING beats my RTAK (Randall Training and Adventure Knife, now called ESEE - Junglas)

Regards,
Rob
Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Spike

Grohmann knives (made in canada) are amazing! I have a couple and they sharpen great, hold a keen edge and are tough as hell! I also have a couple gerbers (one the folding, half serrated blade - an excellent knife for all day everyday, have to be careful while riding though, i can slide out of the pocket if you only use the clip! - the other a fixed blade gator...) and the outdoor edge whitetail skinner... Very impressed with the outdoor edge... i didnt think i would be, i thought it would be poor steel and hard to deal with always sharping but it will go through an entire moose without a touch up... and moose hair is the hardest thing on a blade!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

I like my Kershaw as well. It is an older trader model.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

Buck knives, all the way baby
Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

carry buck and Gerber folders in my pocket and for skinning squarels a scherade old timer and for big game hunting a buck vanguard and buck 10 pt. Older cases are good but not too fond of newer ones. I like tree brand bikers too

Last edited by Backwoods7; 10-04-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

I skin and quarter around 50 hogs a year. Have tried many knives, my favorite is an OLD Buck 102. Walmart Gerber, new Bucks, New Case, and a few foriegn-made ones, they just don't hold an edge quite like the OLD Buck knives.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Spike

I don't have a favorite brand but rather favorite knives.

Buck 110

Alox Swiss Farmer

Benchmade Mini-Grip

Case: Barlow and Sodbuster CV

Fallkniven TK3 Jigged Bone
Old 12-10-2010, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is Case, i have been collecting them for years. I also like American made Bucks, got to look at them some are made in China, you can tell without even looking, just look at the price if its really cheap look at the blade if it dont say U.S.A. dont buy it, its junk. Kershaw makes a good knife. I used to like Schrade but now they are junk, find a old one that was made in America and its a good one. Pretty much any good quality knife that is made in the good ole U.S.A. or Germany you wont go wrong with. Any knife that says made in China, isnt worth the box it was packaged in, including Outdoor Edge Products. JMO.

Last edited by fritz1; 12-10-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Hen & Rooster - German soligen steel - Doesn't get much better than that!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really like my Bench Made Mini Barrage!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.