Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Some knives i've made >

Some knives i've made

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Some knives i've made

Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some knives i've made

Here are a couple knives i've made out of a deer shed base and a blade.

This knife blade was off of a older knife that had a broken handle on it.

This was the first blade I tried making. I just took the grinder to it and then the die grinder to try and smooth it out.

I made a couple more this past week but they have wooden handles. The blades I made a little better but still out of a plain peice of steel. The recent ones I took to the steel rod to really sharpen them up. I was cuttin my steak with one of them the other day. It cut real nice. It also cuts a tomatoe like butter. Ill get pictures of them up later on when I get home from school.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay here are the other two knives I made. These knives are mainly just for show... I don't plan to use them for anything since I bought a cleaning set before turkey season so theres really no need for another knife...

I tried going for a snake look for the handle on the one. Im not really a professional carver but if you put your imagination to it im sure you can get a snake out of it.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty cool,. my buddy makes em out of trap springs, theyre really sharp! saw another guy on here makes cool ones out of railroad spikes.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Nice job

your off to a good start,if you can try usin a full tang with your blades,youll find they will be alot stronger and more able to do heavy work..i make a few knives myself and so does my bro,if i knew how to gets pics up in here i would show you but im pretty puter dumb.try old saw blades and even go to a engineers work shop and ask if they have any hi carbon hack saw blades that are blunt,they are good steel and make a very sharp blade..keep up the good work..
Old 05-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely a cool hobby! Nice work!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

it's nice to see a young man with a constructive hobby ..
Old 08-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Spike

Looking good. Make sure you keep your first knives around, especially if you keep at it. They are fun to go back to and see where you started out. -JH
Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Great start on a Great hobby, I can see the "snake" in the handle. I like the one made out of antler, Good job, Doc
Old 02-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. Not too long ago I got those knives back out for fun and I took my dremel tool and put the sanding bits on and rounded out the edges on the deer antler ones.. It looks nicer.