Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Are the Omega's that darn good? >

Are the Omega's that darn good?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Are the Omega's that darn good?

Old 04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Are the Omega's that darn good?

All the gun shops I go to are getting top dollar for these guns. I know they are well made and all but some places are selling them for the same money as Encores!!

I personally think they are nice guns but don't see the $500plus price tag as being reasonable for a one barrel rifle. What do you owners say?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are the Omega's that darn good?

$320 can buy you a new blue-synthetic stock 50-cal Omega..... $303 for a 45-cal at ultout.com

Yep... they're worth the asking price when you consider outstanding accuracy, good quality & best industry warranty.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Yep. The one's I was looking at were all stainless with the laminated stocks.

Nice looking guns but jsss a lot of money for them man. They do look like a better gun than the Revolution which was almost as expensive.

Call me old fashioned but I like real wood and blued steel.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call me old fashioned but I like real wood and blued steel
If you want old fashioned stained wood & blued steel, then the more expensive Encore & Revolution are available that way. Hold off purchasing the Revolution until around September. Knight Inc. is still "tweaking" a few areas of that new model ... making improvements from public suggestions Knight overlooked in the Revolution's original design.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:38 PM

I Just bought one from Gander - a 50 cal synthetic stock/stainless barrel, scoped w/a 3-9. Only 20 shots through it - and it is my 1st Muzzleloader. After sighting in the scope (about 10 rounds) all I can say is WOW. While group sizes were not on par w/my 22-250, or 06 for that matter, I am TOTALLY confident that any deer that walks within 150 yards of me is hamburger.....
Old 04-17-2005, 07:55 AM

they are well worth the asking price. I got my thumbhole/stainless omega for $568 including tax, shipping, and everything. I thought it was too much at the time, but after i shot it and looked it over good i realized it is the best. Everything is of excellent quality including the stock, it shoots groups under and inch all day with hornady sst's and 100 gr pyrodex, T/C lifetime warranty and customer service...I shot at 200 yards 2 days ago with it and got 3" groups. I definitely think that is worth a little more money for this kind of gun.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

12 pointer .... 3" at 200 is mighty good.

What bullet & grain volume?
What powder & grain volume?

I get right near that with the discontinued 250 gr T/C PTX's using 105 777 FFF.

I have read a few posts where 250 gr Shockwaves/SSTs with 120 gr. Pyrodex RS will do the same also.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:38 PM

They are definitely worth the $ in my opinion. The first one I had was just a plain black synthetic stock w/ a blued barrel and it shot great. The first thing I took w/ it was a nice mule deer buck at almost 200yds w/ open sights. I have since sold it and got a new one with the thumbhole stock it shoots even better. Good luck w/ your decision.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

I bought mine at Gander Mountain.SS barrel with camo stock.$374.99 plus tax.I shot a 5 round group today. 1-3/8" at 100 yds.200gr .400 XTP in a MMP blue sabot.80 gr ofTriple7.Well worth the money for me.

Charlie
Old 04-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was checking into a laminate stock/stainless about 3 months ago...Midway had them for $414...I also prefer wood and blued steel...but on an inline stainless makes good sense...

Quick Reply: Are the Omega's that darn good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.