Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 MUZZLELOADING PISTOL >

MUZZLELOADING PISTOL

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

MUZZLELOADING PISTOL

Old 03-01-2005, 11:46 AM

Default MUZZLELOADING PISTOL

I was recently thinking of getting a Traditions Buckhunter Pro .50.Has anyone had any experiance with one before,and if so what were your likes and dislikes.Also what kind of loads were you using?.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: MUZZLELOADING PISTOL

I got one. Actually looking to sell/trade that and a few more muzzleloaders. Its a handful with full loads. Seems the 50gr loads with sabots work the best.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:20 PM

Why do you want to get rid of it?What is the rcommended max. load for it?What load did you find most accurate?Is it powerful enough for deer at about 50 yards?What is the hottest load you have shot with it?And finally how much do you want for it? SORRY SO MANY ?????????
Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 PM
bigcountry

I need a scope for a new rifles I just got. I got this gun as bascially a finish off shot but after packing it around all day with a uncle mikes sidekick holster, my shoulder got sore. I was shooting PRB and 70gr of pyrodex FFG. And thats what its sighted in at. It really needs a scope as the sights ain't that great. I have only put 20 rounds thru it and meant to experiement some more. Just never got around too it. I bought some 200gr XTP to try next. Everyone I know that owns them got them to shoot well with like 50gr of powder. You got to hit em good at 50 with that. Just like using a walker colt some people uses. You can shoot 80gr of powder but its hard to handle.

Not really sure how well it shoots. Last I shot it was a year or so ago and then took it hunting. Last I worred about it.

Also got some knight MK85, and CVA's with both barrels looking to sell. Just alot of muzzleloaders. I was selling an encore ML but your too late.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
bigcountry

Oh, I would take $150 for it. Thats with the shoulder holster too.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:43 PM

I'm alwats late[:@]how much for that pistol though?what kind of bases fit it?Iwas thinking of a red dot scope.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:44 PM

SEE THAT I AM LATE AGAIN[:@]THATS SOUND COOL .IT'S IN GOOD SHAPE STILL?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:26 PM
bigcountry

Sure not been fired much.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Looks good,i'm glad its the stainless one.I just read all that crap about traditions blowing up with Randy Fakeman.I read where he was talking crap about Rem 700's and have not had any of the problem's he said it had,It shoots wonderfully

p.s let me talk to the boss about it i'll Pm you and let you know o.k?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:54 PM
bigcountry

Sure.

Quick Reply: MUZZLELOADING PISTOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.