Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Power Belt Bullets >

Power Belt Bullets

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Power Belt Bullets

Old 02-08-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Power Belt Bullets

http://www.powerbeltbullets.com/index.htm

Anyone currently using them?

All I have to do is drop down 2 - 50 grain of Pyrodex... then the power belt, right?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Power Belt Bullets

The 295gr. aerotip shoots good for me using 90gr. of Black Mag'3 or any other powder at about 100gr.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:00 AM
bigcountry

All I have to do is drop down 2 - 50 grain of Pyrodex... then the power belt, right?
Yea, man, sounds like a perfect combo for ya.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 AM

Thanks. Now I just need to pass the NJ muzzleloader test. BTW... muzzleloaders are the closet we can get to a rifle. Rifles are illegal in NJ for hunting (except rim fire .22).
Old 02-08-2005, 11:51 AM

they didn't work for me best i could get was a 8 inch group at 100 yards.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Dominant Buck

From your links, I am guessing that your rifle is the .50 caliber Knight Wolverine 209 with the 26" barrel. (Great rifle by the way).

When shooting standard powerbelts out of a Knight rifle there have been cases where the powerbelt moved off the powder charge because of the bore size difference found in the Green Mountain Barrels...

It does not hurt to ocassionally check to make sure the powerbelt is still on the charge solid. Also some people found that powerbelts did not shoot the greatest out of Knight rifles. Others of course have no complaint with the powerbelts. Knight used to make their own powerbelt which was made a little different sized for the Knight bore, but my understanding is they are discontinued.

A couple of loads I shoot out of my Wolverine with excellent accuracy are the T/C 240 grain XTP Mag Express sabots. The 300 grain XTP's also shoot very well. 100 grains of powder is an excellent charge for them as well. I personally hunt with 250 grain Barnes Expanders. The accuracy from them is exceptional... The Knight Red Hots also shoot very well out of the rifle...

Just a couple thoughts in case you do not like the cost of the powerbelts and you want something else to shoot.

For plinking I shoot about anything I can find but the T/C Cheap Shots in 240 grain shoot very well. I personally shoot loose powder over the pellets but I understand why people like to shoot the pellets for the convience.....

Another thing you can shoot for fun is patched roundball out of your Knight inline. I know some of you are shaking your heads, but honestly if you keep the powder charge low, around 60-70 grains of FFg and a patched .490 roundball the accuracy out of my Knight Wolverine is very good. We were popping soda cans the other day with them out to 50 yards....
Old 02-08-2005, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: dragthor

Thanks. Now I just need to pass the NJ muzzleloader test. BTW... muzzleloaders are the closet we can get to a rifle. Rifles are illegal in NJ for hunting (except rim fire .22).
Not true... centerfire rifles are legal in NJ for woodchuck hunting. Hunter must posess a valid rifle permit. Rifle calibers .25 or less must be hollow point or soft lead core projectiles and for rifles larger than .25 caliber hollow point or soft lead core projectiles not exceeding 100 grains.
There is no rifle hunting of any kind permitted on WMA's.
Jim B.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:51 PM
bigcountry

How do you get a permit in NJ. I am about to move from MD over this crap. But that sounds insane there.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

How do you get a permit in NJ. I am about to move from MD over this crap. But that sounds insane there.
It's a one time course that goes over basic firearms safety. After that the great State of New Jersey requires a $14.00 (I think) renewal fee, every other year.
They are really thoughtful and send you a nice reminder postcard, that it's time to renew!
The course is OK. It's just the constant fee's that the state so dearly loves that irks me.... I'd rather pay a one time $50.00 lifetime fee. Just my $0.02
Jim B.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:34 PM

Are you serious? You need to get permission (a permit) from the state to own a rifle? I guess "shall not be infringed" got tossed out there.

Quick Reply: Power Belt Bullets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.