Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New traditions inline >

New traditions inline

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New traditions inline

Old 01-20-2005, 11:22 PM

Default New traditions inline

I just got a new Traditions incline. I was wondering what type of range I could get with it. I bought for something that the shotgun for Jersey so range doesn't really matter. I am just curious.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:08 AM

Default RE: New traditions inline

I have a 50 cal CVA but my brother has a 45 caliber Traditions inline that will hit a 6" target at 150 yards with no problem.The groups will average about 3-4 inches most of the time.I really think this is about the limit for his gun.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Which Traditions inline? Caliber & Model?
Old 01-21-2005, 07:51 AM

He bought it at Bass Pro last January.It was one of the package deals,gun with scope, synthetic stock and starter kit.It is a 45 caliber "E-Bolt" I think.It has been a good gun for the price he paid $139.00 for it if I remember right.He killed his first whitetail this fall.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Almost any muzzleloader will shoot 200 yards. The problem is how good are your sights and how steady can you hold. Muzzleloader bullets are heavy and slow compared with modern smokeless cartridges so the trajectory has a lot more curve which means the bullet drops a lot faster. I shoot an Omega .50 which I am sure is good at 200 yards with a lot of time spent determining how a particular load shoots. I do not feel confident enough to try shots at much over 100 yards as I know I can put them in a three inch circle even in hunting conditions with a scope on the rifle. If you want to shoot a long distance spend a lot of time shooting and determining what your rifle likes. Put decent sights on it if your state allows it if you are going to use it for hunting.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

How far a person can shoot with a muzzleloader will depend on a lot of things. The kind of load you have worked up for the rifle. The accuracy of that load. The shooting conditons at the time your confronted with the shot. The quality of the optics. And the amount of time and practice you put into the rifle.

The big thing is the amount of time you practice and the manner you practice. I like to shoot at different distances from hunting conditions in all kinds of weather. I do a lot of shooting stick practice. Therefore I have a real good idea of how far I can shoot.

If your going to be making 100 yards shots only then that is a good practice distance. If your going to shoot 200 yards, then you better get out there and try some at that distance. How many of you know a person that shoots at the 25 yard range only in practice and then trys a 150 yard shot at a walking deer in an open field? With all things in consideration your rifle could make a 200 yard shot if you can....

Good luck with the rifle...
Old 01-28-2005, 10:17 PM

Sorry I forgot to state which one I bought. I got the Traditions Tracker 209.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:08 AM

I Have A Traditions Pursuit Pro It Shoot's Great. I Shot This Target At 125 yard's With A 300 gr Hornady SST And 100 gr of loose triple Se7en.
Good luck with the rifle

Old 01-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!
You got a keeper there SST777.

I never see my targets with a look like that. I shoot "elbow on the table" at the range & usually "elbow on my lap" while seated out in the woods. We hunt without blinds - without private land - without treestands - without bait - without gun rests... well unless a sturdy tree branch is in front of my face while I'm rested in my portable hunting seat..
Old 02-11-2005, 07:06 AM

I just purchased the traditions Pursuit Pro also. I have not shot it yet. How do you rate this gun overall?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: New traditions inline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.