Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Am I asking too much for it? >

Am I asking too much for it?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Am I asking too much for it?

Old 01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Am I asking too much for it?

I am trying to sell a TC Encore 209 x 50. It is walnut and blue with a Bushnell Banner 4X scope. It has been hunted hard for a number of years but is in very good condition. The bore is perfect. I have been aking $450 but have not had a serious inquiry. Is the price too high? I would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Am I asking too much for it?

Detailed pics might provide the ability to answer that question. I wouldn't think you are too high. Another way to sell it would be to break it down and sell it as stocked action and barrel with forearm. Sometimes you can do better that way. Also try Graybeards, Accurate Reloading, and Hunt America.

If you sell an inexpensive scope with a rifle - you are basically giving the scope away as most folks won't give it any value consideration.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:10 PM

Steve,
Guns are like convertibles,when season is over they are hard to sell.Keep it till fall and get your price.

all the best,
lizzzard
Old 01-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can get a new T/C Encore blue/walnut here for $499 everyday. You may need to ask $350 delivered.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Triple Se7en,

That's an unbelieveable price! I paid just a little less than that when the Encores first came out and then I had to add the base, rings and scope. I may just put it in the local gun shop on consignment and let it gather dust there instead of in my gun cabinet.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Steve

There was a gunshop (Randy's) that 14 months ago was selling it for $459. I chose the Omega at the time for savings, but I may have made a mistake in my thinking concerning the Omega/Encore money-difference. I also concluded at the time that I was not interested in Encore aftermarket centerfire barrels since I already owned a couple centerfire rifles... .270 - .300. I prefer the Encore's stock drop.... I goofed!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:54 AM

I think Triple Se7en is right on the mark. Maybe $400, but not much more.
A new gun, blue with camo stock goes for $500 , (check gun broker or other auction sites) why would I pay $450 for a used gun when I can get new for $50 More?

Now, I know you are going to bring up the scope and rings. First off, most folks will not consider a scope in the price when buying a used gun. The rings are only 30 bucks or so, that scope is probably 60 bucks or so, new. Really doesn't add any value to the package.

I think your best bet is to take the scope off the gun and sell the gun and rings for $400 or so.
R
Hank
Old 01-10-2005, 03:35 PM

Steve. I might be interested. [email protected]
Old 01-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

oliverwfe,

You have mail.

Steve F.