Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 NYS Out-Of-State Muzzleloader Purchase >

NYS Out-Of-State Muzzleloader Purchase

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NYS Out-Of-State Muzzleloader Purchase

Old 01-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NYS Out-Of-State Muzzleloader Purchase

You shouldn't have any trouble. I just ordered a CVA Optima from Bass Pro Shops and didn't have any problems (it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow).
Old 01-06-2005, 06:31 PM

duse :check the winter catalog from cabelas there t/c black diamond xr in 50 cal. is on sale $179.00,,them restrictions are if you live in the CITY OF N.Y.
I live on long Island in nassau county, some companys like bass pro won't ship to nassau but cabelas will.I pick up a m/l couple of years back from bass pro,had it ship to Hamden n.y. to a buddie house.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

259.99 Knight Disc Elite blue/synthetic 4IS-214990 at Cabela's. Enter in catalog search.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Spike

I've ordered a few muzzleloaders from both Bass Pro, and Cabalas, I think the restrictions they refer to may have something to do with new york city, never a problem sending it upstate. Just call in your order, if they don't ship upstate anymore they will tell you.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:32 AM

duse...
I bought Knight Disc Elite last fall at Cabela's. Just walk in and pay for it, as others have said, no background checks on ML. Love the gun, but there are plenty of "What gun should I buy" posts here. Just flip back a few pages.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:08 AM

I just ordered, and received my Omega from Natchez Shooter's Supply. It was the lowest price I could find.
Buying blackpowder guns in NY is perfectly legal and there are no real restrictions, except for BP pistols.
The pistols are fine to buy, as are the rifles, but there is an issue in NY when BP pistols and their components are together. Then they fall under the handgun laws and need to be listed on a pistol permit. I don't know if ordering them all together would be a problem, but personally possessing them all together is.

Cabela's might have their own restrictions in regards to NY, but legally speaking, you can buy through mail order anywhere in upstate NY without a problem.

I live in WNY.

Take care,
Bob