Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Do you own an Encore?  Get this download! >

Do you own an Encore? Get this download!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do you own an Encore? Get this download!

Old 08-20-2002, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you own an Encore? Get this download!

Mike Bellm has made available his Encore trigger cd free for the downloading. Get the download at http://www.bellmtcs.com/Prod_and_Serv/autorun.exe

Mr. Bellm has been gracious enough to offer this free of charge so please give him a little credit and/or business in return.

Excellent resource even if you do not intend to do an Encore trigger job. The download is 1.83MB in size and comes as Autorun.exe. Scan your download (I already did and it's clean but why trust my virus scanner?) and then click the autorun.exe and the show will begin after a brief delay.

Thanks to Mike Bellm!!
Old 08-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you own an Encore? Get this download!

If you have an encore his cd will surely help you out,the springs are not that hard to change and it will make your factory set trigger a lot easier to handle.I changed the spring in mine and it sets on 2 lb.What a joy to shoot,and unbelivieable groups on top of that.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...sby/encore.jpg
Old 09-22-2002, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Underclocked. I just wanted to thank you for pointing me to this web site. I order 2 of the sear springs and I just got done installing one of them and man is it sweet. You can really tell the difference from the 6# pull I was having to deal with. I can't wait to get this thing to the range and really get it sighted in good. Now I will be able to with yanking on the dang trigger. Thanks again.
Old 09-22-2002, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to help. I ordered two springs also, but one at a time. Ordered a number 4 and it was so light all you had to do was look at it. Number 3 turned out to be the one! Crisp as can be at about 2.5 lbs. Also ordered the 1x oversized hinge pin and found the 2x would have been a better choice, but a local machinist made me up a selection of pins in various sizes and my action is a tight as a drum now.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Underclocked,

I also got the #3 and #4 spring. I put the #4 in and it feels about right for me. He had scribbled out 1.5#'s and put 2# on the package. I grew up shooting competion in 4-H so I think I will like this spring. If I find it is too lite I can always put in the #4. I never thought about the hinge pin but now that you mention it I should take a look at it. My hinge pin slides right in with very little pressure so I am sure it needs to be tightened up. Once again thanks.