Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 My Kid Brothers ML 8 Pt. Pic >

My Kid Brothers ML 8 Pt. Pic

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My Kid Brothers ML 8 Pt. Pic

Old 12-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default My Kid Brothers ML 8 Pt. Pic

Old 12-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My Kid Brothers ML 8 Pt. Pic

I'm not sure if everyone on this page is for inlines or not but I thought I'd share my brothers picture of his eight point with you all none the less. I've been a member of the board for some time (mostly in the bow hunting forum.) My little bro has been working hard to get a "wall mounter" and this year he did what it takes. A fine buck and a great reward for all the hard work, skill, and time he put into this season. He is maturing into a first class hunter and I think now that he's tasted the reward he will exel faster than ever. Anyway here is the pic and O by the way (he signed on the board after harvesting the buck and is showing an interest in learning more........lets give a warm welcome to (I think "amayerican"))

I'll tell him about my thread starter and see if he can give a story to the pic.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:59 PM

nice buck..tell ur brother to keep shootin..looks like he's doin a fine job..
Old 12-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your brother Amayerican.He done good !

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

That is sure a beautiful buck... I can't hardly wait for the story. Congratulations...
Old 12-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Well Done!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:15 PM

Thx brother.
For the past few years Iv been watching my brothers hunting style and seeing his success. I tried some new things this year to improve my success, spending my time in the woods more than in the bars, sent control, stand location, stalking and weather.

I have harvested a lot of does in the past. This year I felt I was ready to take the next step in my knowledge and put my skills to the test.
I arrived at the edge of the hardwood pines about 2:30pm I figured I could still hunt up the side of the gully to my spot and be there in time to settle in and be ready. On my way up I saw a lot of mature buck sign. The wind was SSW hitting the right side of my face. The hill started to clime in front of me. The gully was 200 yards to my left. The woods was logged that summer, so there are no thickets or underbrush, just good hard open woods that you could see 300 yards or more. About 1/2 an hour before dark the woods started to quite down. I said to myself "prime time, get ready". Little after that I herd a rock rolling down a logging road to my left, about 11 o-clock, 100 yards away. Shortly after I scanned back and seen a large body mozion’ down the logging road about 50 yards away. Then I saw his head step out from behind a tree. I said he's the one. I pulled my CVA inline 50cal. 120grain up resting my elbow on a log beside me. Aiming I thought I need to make this quick before my wind current lines up with him walking down. Open sights behind the front shoulder I took a deep breath and said "I cant mess this one up, this is it right here" I exhaled and aimed, my sudden instinct said "wait, take your time" so I started over, took another breath, exhaled, aimed, squeezed. POOOOW! Started waving my arms and crawling to the side to see if I hit him. There was so much smoke the last thing I seen was his hind legs kick back. Through the smoke it cleared I seen the deer was down. With so much excitement I never felt before I gathered my gear shuffling over to him. Out of breath I called my dad. " Eric, Eric? Are you ok?" "Dad I shot a monster!'' "Is he down?" "Im looking right at him." "Good job buddy good job, ill meet you at the bottom of the hill." I called my brother. "I shot monster!" ina whisper he said "good job dude good job" for he was still hunting" "ill be over after dark."

He scored 121-1. Girth tape @ 240 pounds dressed. 17'' 3/4th spread. That’s a monster where we come from.
This season ill never forget. All I wanted was one good buck I could call my own. Something I put so much time an effort into this year. Something I never done before. This might get addicting. This year proved to me just that. At the end its all well worth it, and pays off with a great reward.