Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bushnell 3200

Old 10-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bushnell 3200

Well I guess I have to say it works. I had conducted a few experiments with the scope laying on the hand rail of the deck while was raining, but you know in the woods it is different.

I took the Trophy off my Remington ML and put a 3x9x40 - 3200 on just before hunting season started. Well, today was a true test. It had snowwd last night at the elevation I was going to hunt, a really wet snow. It was snowing lightly this morning when I got there and through out the day it was either snowing, raining, or hailing all day. I guess I should also mention the sun did shine enough to cause the snow to drop from the branches also. But I did hunt all day without ever putting scope covers on the scope. Every time I would check the scope I was fine. Nothing seemed to cause a problem, it was plenty shootable everytime I shouldered it but once. One time I had set down on a stump and put the rifle across my lap and placed both of my hands near the lenses to rest and relax. My warm hands did cause a little exterior fogging on the scope. After I moved my hands it took only a few minutes and the lenses were clear again. My final test was the last 200 feet out to the road through some real thick new growth trees. I placed the sling and rifle over my shoulder and slugged my way out. When I got to the road the ojective lens was completely full of snow, I used my finger to wipe the snow out and around in the housing, put the rifle to my shoulder and all was fine. Now had I stumbled on to an Elk during this excursion everything would have really been fine, oh well I have a couple more weekends.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Bushnell 3200

I have the same scope on my encore and I am really impressed with it
Old 11-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great News!

Just use the proper cleaner on the lense so it's seal won't crack. I use a no-fog spray just for scopes, binocs... etc from Birchwood-Casey. If I breathe on the lense too heavy & it fogs up for more than several seconds... I apply another coat that night... usually it's foggy only for a couple of seconds ... then it's crystal-clear again.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

I just picked up a 3200 for under 100 bucks!!!

Anyway, I don't think I will use it on my muzzleloader as the eye releif isn't that good... I think I will be happy with it on one of my rifles.