Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Aero or HP powerbelts? >

Aero or HP powerbelts?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Aero or HP powerbelts?

Old 06-10-2004, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Aero or HP powerbelts?

Last month I killed a 120 lb hog (not a trophy but a good eater!) last month with an aerotip powerbelt. We found the round lodged in his opposite sholder and it almoast the size of a silverdollar. We also found the plastic tip which looked undamaged. That was my first hunt with the powerbelt and I was very impressed.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing the photo whitetails. Looks like the bullet did its job well
Old 06-11-2004, 05:54 AM

Jeremy

You're right - it's the same bullet w/ just a plastic tip inserted. It actually pops out - you don't have to melt it.

I was at the range last year w/ my dad, I shot HP and he shoots the aero. I didn't realize I was low on bullets, I borrowed a few from him and just pulled the plastic tip out.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:09 AM

I actually like the aero tip PB. I shoot the 295 grain in my Traditions Flintlock and my in-line, both at Deer. The PB is very easy to load, I use my thumb and they shoot great. I shot 2 does with them last year, both only went a few feet after I shot them, bullet passed right through.

T
Old 06-12-2004, 01:20 PM

Txhunter58, This is the skinny on powerbelts. I've shot both the aero and hp, and I recommend the aero. The reason is that the hp is only good to approx. 100 yrds. The aero is good for close range , and beyond 100 yards. I have found that the bullet will penetrate the game in one side, and usually lodges inside the animal on the other. I have shot powerbelts exclusively with my muzzleloder, and all of the bullets have mushroomed perfectly. The aero tips are made for 100 yrds and beyond, they fly more stable. Well, good luck on your hunt, Turkeyhunter1......