Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knights new stem ignition >

Knights new stem ignition

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knights new stem ignition

Old 05-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knights new stem ignition

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Uh OH, the word "need" came out again. We need to ban that word from Hobby and obsession forums like these. All we need is a cardboard box to under when it rains, other than that, the rest is good fun.
BC I stand corrected.Do you think it's necessary? Probably not!
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-13-2004, 06:57 AM
bigcountry

You know with blackpowder rifles? Maybe? Alot of unburned powder with muzzleloading. Thats one thing I can say about the pellets with thier design, I don't see all the unburned powder when shooting late in the evening coming out the barrel. If this helps the velocity deviation any at all, then I say, yes, it is necessary. If not, then no. But niether of us has tried this test, so we both are really talking out our butts.

Old 05-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

But niether of us has tried this test, so we both are really talking out our butts.

I couldn't have said it better. It might be the best thing since Welfare. LOL. I would like to try it out or get reports from those who have.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's another money-making idea from Knight. You have to purchase all the new 52 caliber stuff from them. I like my 50 caliber Knight Bighorn. I'm sure the 52 is a good rifle, but is it that much better? Is it worth the time and money spent?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

1950 kid is on the money so to speek. Of course you need it. How else are the manufacturers going to get rich. If it dosn't really shoot further(faster) or more accutate by a bunch spend your money on practice and their will be more game for the table!!!!!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

BigCountry I live 10 miles south of where Knight Manufactures there Muzzleloaders, in fact I use to weld the lugs on there barrels, anyway if you need me to check out some prices on something specific let me know. They are getting ready to have there big public auction wanna talk about buying excess inventory cheap! A few years back I bought a T-bolt, and a disc for $225.00 for both anyway just let me know bigcountry.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:55 PM
bigcountry

Thanks for help rack. I am still eyeing a savage smokeless however. I love trying new things on guns. I am so shocked that the gun community is so close minded on new ideas. If John Browning had this attitude that "i kill just fine with my guns", we would never had the 1911, or Auto-5 or inlines. Thank goodness, there is people always looking to improve things and advance. Thats what makes America so great is people being so innovative and not sitting on thier duffs, just settling for what they have.

So how did you get those discs so cheap? I would love one for 225.

By the way, 1950, wasn't you a few years ago that wouldn't have an inline. I guess you changed your mind.

Old 05-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I only gave $225.00 for both a $100.00 for the T-bolt and $125.00 for the Disc, Almost every year Knight has a big auction open to the public in which they sell excess inventory, I've seen a lot of guns go cheap, I've never seen a Mk or TK sell there but Disc's, T-bolt's, Wolverines, alot of accessories, always sell extremely reasonable.

Edit: In fact this years auction is the 6th of June.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:04 AM
bigcountry

Well racks, not sure how to handle this, but if you could see a 150gr capable stainless disc for under 200 dollars, I would sure take it off of you. Or stainless 209 26" Wolverine.

If you see anything like that, I can guarantee you payment and shipping. The only think I am fincky on is stainless where I hunt in saltwater marshes, and it really does in a muzzleloaders. And I don't have a 150gr capable gun.

Thanks for looking into it.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

the reason for the NEED for the .52 caliber, is that it gets the most out of the increase velocity powder burn, with the power stem. the .50 doesn't carry enough powder to maximize the effects, and the .54 carries too much.

i'll just stick with my elite

Quick Reply: Knights new stem ignition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.