Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA's Front Site??? >

CVA's Front Site???

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA's Front Site???

Old 01-19-2004, 05:17 PM

Default CVA's Front Site???

I'm shooting the CVA eclipse. I love this gun. The guns sights are the fiber optic open sights. I keep breaking the front sight off. I've replaced it twice with the same front site. My question is: Is there a metal front site that I can replace it with? I like the fiber optics, but I can't rely on them.

Thanks
Chad
Old 01-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CVA's Front Site???

Tru Glow sells a metal replacement fiber optics that I am sure would fit it. I have a Staghorn and it is my one concern all the time. I like the gun but they could have put a little more into the sight. I figure I am going to mount a red dot on it anyway this summer so it will not really matter.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:26 PM

DukhuntChad Check out e bay searh word STAR DOT they are a set of fiber optic that can take a beating ,I drop one of my inlines on the front sight and I thought it was over ,not really good as new.They sell on e bay for about $10 to $15 bucks
Old 01-20-2004, 06:24 AM

I had the same problem with my traditions deerhunter. They use what is called light optics and my front sight and rear sight broke and needed to be replaced. I picked up a Tru Glow fiber optic sight and have have minimal problem witb it. One time it slid out since the front sight is plastic but the rear is metal.

I would replace it with a Tru Glow.

T
Old 01-20-2004, 09:51 AM

Broke mine first day of season this year. going to have it re-drilled and put on a TC front sight.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get so much more low light vision with fiberoptics, that I put up with the hassle. As said, Tru-glo are good. I think mine is called Hi Viz. It comes with replacable fiberoptic inserts so you can carry extras for when it breaks.