Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Do the new Brass bullets from SSK work? >

Do the new Brass bullets from SSK work?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do the new Brass bullets from SSK work?

Old 06-07-2023, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Do the new Brass bullets from SSK work?

We do not need to wait for my water testing trip. Grouse recently made a trip to SSK (his recent post) and as part of his trip he and Gordo of SSK did the water testing for all of us.

They set 5 jugs of water on a plank approximately 100 yards down range. The first 3 jugs were white 1 gallon jugs and the 2 rear grey were 5 gallon jugs. Thankfully, Grouse took some pictures of the testing. I have created a page that shows this testing. He was shooting the bullet at near 2000fps.

The picture shows that the bullet's Controlled Fracturing did work and did do the damage I would have expected.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

That projectile looks NASTY !
Old 06-07-2023, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH
That projectile looks NASTY !
I can tell you in the past the CF bullets that Dave made under the name Lehigh Defense were all awesome hunting bullets. You won't believe what this bullet does to the internals of an animal.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I can tell you in the past the CF bullets that Dave made under the name Lehigh Defense were all awesome hunting bullets. You won't believe what this bullet does to the internals of an animal.
I as well as one of my sisters can 100% attest to the effectiveness of the CF Lehigh bullets. 3 or maybe 4 whitetail (can't quite recall all her kills lately) for the baby sister with her TC impact. She is still using the bullets Grouse sent with that impact I do believe. I myself bought some for the smokeless front stuffer and also for my TC. Dropped a few whitetail, 2 elk and several hogs with them. Pretty much perfect terminal performance. Pass through on every animal and pure destruction of tissue internally. Ended up buying a couple hundred so I wont need any more for a long time but if those SSK have the same or better performance level as they did/do under the Lehigh Defense logo then I would and do happily endorse them.
Old 06-08-2023, 03:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sure hope the 260 gr CF copper bullets are going to be made again. Sabot sent me a couple and they shot great.
Old 06-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
I as well as one of my sisters can 100% attest to the effectiveness of the CF Lehigh bullets. 3 or maybe 4 whitetail (can't quite recall all her kills lately) for the baby sister with her TC impact. She is still using the bullets Grouse sent with that impact I do believe. I myself bought some for the smokeless front stuffer and also for my TC. Dropped a few whitetail, 2 elk and several hogs with them. Pretty much perfect terminal performance. Pass through on every animal and pure destruction of tissue internally. Ended up buying a couple hundred so I wont need any more for a long time but if those SSK have the same or better performance level as they did/do under the Lehigh Defense logo then I would and do happily endorse them.
Nice to hear your sisters doing great. That T/C Impact she got from me was scary accurate to say the least!! Yes those Brass bullets are amazing. The Knight Bloodlines are the same bullets in brass.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Yes sir it is. She can consistently hit the 10 inch gong at 200 yards with those cheap shot lead/sabot combo. Granted the girl is a dang good shooter but put the correct tool in the hands of the talented and you will see the artist come out. I found her a savage 220 a while back so she doesn't get out with that impact as often but she does get out with it some.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Was gonna ask if this is the same CF bullet made by Lehigh. I'm still using them out of my Omega.
Old 06-13-2023, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Was gonna ask if this is the same CF bullet made by Lehigh. I'm still using them out of my Omega.
Basically "Yes." Dave sold Lehigh Defense, the name and bullets, to Wilson Combat and they are now making the copper bullets. But I am sure their bigger interest is the ability to sale center fire bullets. Dave purchased SSK Firearms and will at some point offer ML bullets on that site.

Old 06-13-2023, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your looking for brass bullets the Bloodlines are them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.