Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
45 Nitride Shoot - Dinger Farm >

45 Nitride Shoot - Dinger Farm

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

45 Nitride Shoot - Dinger Farm

Old 05-31-2022, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default 45 Nitride Shoot - Dinger Farm

Got a chance today to make my way to the farm for shooting - it is not raining here today! That is somewhat of a change.

I have had this rifle out a couple of times since I got the rifle, but this trip was to be a final sight in.

I was shooting the Lehigh .458x260CF-HP sabotless. The bore in these new fast twist Knight 45's are tighter than the older Super DISC 45's and the are far better in the concentric department.

This is the bullet from the factory... .458x260

To use these bullets in the new 45 bores - I need to resize the 'drive barbs' to .451. The bullet Ogive measures right at .449

Resized and ready to go!

Back to the trip - Todays trip was to verify sight in. So I placed 5 clay birds in the upcoming Lentil at 100 yards. Then load up and start the shooting process - It was a really good day!

Last edited by sabotloader; 05-31-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you had a good day. I was out today also. (see my post in the traditional section). I got my Hawken barrel back from Bob Hoyt. It was a .50 cal that I had relined to .45 with a 1:20 twist. Considering this was its virgin run at the range it did fantastic. I think with a little tinkering and more shooting it will be a darn good barrel.
I just got done casting a couple hundred 350 gr .458" bullets that I'll size down to .451" and lube.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Glad you had a good day. I was out today also. (see my post in the traditional section). I got my Hawken barrel back from Bob Hoyt. It was a .50 cal that I had relined to .45 with a 1:20 twist. Considering this was its virgin run at the range it did fantastic. I think with a little tinkering and more shooting it will be a darn good barrel.
I just got done casting a couple hundred 350 gr .458" bullets that I'll size down to .451" and lube.
Holy cow! that re-barrel to a fast twist 45 could really a be a sweet rifle

Old 05-31-2022, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sabotloader, those aren't bullets - they're jewelry.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Semisane
Sabotloader, those aren't bullets - they're jewelry.
yea. Make a nice necklace ... better than grizzly claws 😁